Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > unable to make back-up copy of SAW 3

unable to make back-up copy of SAW 3

Dave C

I own a copy of SAW 3, and i am trying to make a legit back up copy of
it.. but notihing i am trying is working.. DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink,
DVDFabDecrypter, and even FixVTS.

I have never had a problem in the past of making backups. Some
combination of the listed softwares usally did the trick.

Using explorer to look at the VIDEO TS list.. there is over 90 VOB's
listed !!!!!!!!

Is this some new way of preventing coping? I tried to copy the DVD to
hard drive, but could not get past VOB #7 when it errors out with a
read error. The DVD plays fine, no scratches.

Anyone else with this problem that has manage to work around it?

Thank you in advance

Stephen Stewart

"Dave C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I own a copy of SAW 3, and i am trying to make a legit back up copy of
> it.. but notihing i am trying is working.. DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink,
> DVDFabDecrypter, and even FixVTS.
>
> I have never had a problem in the past of making backups. Some
> combination of the listed softwares usally did the trick.
>
> Using explorer to look at the VIDEO TS list.. there is over 90 VOB's
> listed !!!!!!!!
>
> Is this some new way of preventing coping? I tried to copy the DVD to
> hard drive, but could not get past VOB #7 when it errors out with a
> read error. The DVD plays fine, no scratches.
>
> Anyone else with this problem that has manage to work around it?
>
> Thank you in advance

Use Ripit4me.

It's an intelligent front end for DVD Decrypter and FixVTS which generates
PSL files, passes them automatically to DVD Decrypter and cleans up with
FixVTS.

In my view it's the best ripping solution there is and if you set it all up
properly it's virtually a one click operation.

http://www.ripit4me.org/

Stephen

Dave C

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 21:47:41 -0000, "Stephen Stewart"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Dave C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I own a copy of SAW 3, and i am trying to make a legit back up copy of
>> it.. but notihing i am trying is working.. DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink,
>> DVDFabDecrypter, and even FixVTS.
>>
>> I have never had a problem in the past of making backups. Some
>> combination of the listed softwares usally did the trick.
>>
>> Using explorer to look at the VIDEO TS list.. there is over 90 VOB's
>> listed !!!!!!!!
>>
>> Is this some new way of preventing coping? I tried to copy the DVD to
>> hard drive, but could not get past VOB #7 when it errors out with a
>> read error. The DVD plays fine, no scratches.
>>
>> Anyone else with this problem that has manage to work around it?
>>
>> Thank you in advance

>Use Ripit4me.
>
>It's an intelligent front end for DVD Decrypter and FixVTS which generates
>PSL files, passes them automatically to DVD Decrypter and cleans up with
>FixVTS.
>
>In my view it's the best ripping solution there is and if you set it all up
>properly it's virtually a one click operation.
>
>http://www.ripit4me.org/
>

>Stephen

Thank you for the response, but that is not the problem.
I have used RIPitforme in the past, and i prefer to do it manually.
Besides, Ripit4me is still using the same programs that I have, and as
i stated earlier, those programs are NOT working with this DVD.

Let me clear up what i meant when i said it has over 90 VOB files..
on the DVD itself, there are IFO's ranging from 01 to 99, and every
number inbetween. so there is 99 (100 actually cuz there are no 00
IFO) IFO, BUP and VOB groups.

from VTS_16_0.IFO thru VTS_98_0.IFO the VOB's (two in each IFO group)
are no bigger then 520 kb each.

My DVD library consists of over 450 titles that have been "backed-up",
all using some form of the listed software above. This is a first
for me..

Thank you stephen for your input, but it isn't workn.

WinField

I Googled for -
backup OR rip "saw 3"

Lots of info on how folks accomplished what you wish to do. And guess
what, RipIt4Me (v.1.6.4 or newer) is what everyone used that had
successful results.

Dave C wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 21:47:41 -0000, "Stephen Stewart"

snip
>>Use Ripit4me.

> Thank you for the response, but that is not the problem.
> I have used RIPitforme in the past, and i prefer to do it manually.

Oh. Well, manual expert - you just might have to buy a second backup copy.

> Besides, Ripit4me is still using the same programs that I have, and as
> i stated earlier, those programs are NOT working with this DVD.

(sound of crickets chirping)

- winf

Dave C

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 16:23:08 -0700, WinField <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I Googled for -
> backup OR rip "saw 3"
>
>Lots of info on how folks accomplished what you wish to do. And guess
>what, RipIt4Me (v.1.6.4 or newer) is what everyone used that had
>successful results.
>

>Dave C wrote:
>> On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 21:47:41 -0000, "Stephen Stewart"

> snip
>>>Use Ripit4me.

>> Thank you for the response, but that is not the problem.
>> I have used RIPitforme in the past, and i prefer to do it manually.

>Oh. Well, manual expert - you just might have to buy a second backup copy.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! Okay.. i will check it out.., i will let ya'll know,
and if so, i stand corrected.. but please be nice to us oldtimers..
(grin)

>> Besides, Ripit4me is still using the same programs that I have, and as
>> i stated earlier, those programs are NOT working with this DVD.

> - winf

WinField

Dave C wrote:
snip
ze Winfield wrote:
>>Oh. Well, manual expert - you just might have to buy a second backup copy.

> OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! Okay.. i will check it out.., i will let ya'll know,
> and if so, i stand corrected.. but please be nice to us oldtimers..
> (grin)

Sorry for snapping at you.
There may be some newer combination of programs that might work - I
just don't know.

have fun, take care
- winfield

Dave C

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 00:37:56 GMT, Dave C <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 16:23:08 -0700, WinField <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:

snip.. oh hell.. major cut....

(hanging head is shame)..
Umm.. excuse me as i start to eat some CROW..
with a LARGE portion of HUMBLE PIE for desert....

I stand VERY corrected.. using the newest update of RipIT. and the
newest of FIXvts.. i have a backup of Saw 3..

Guess i should learn to try before condeming.

THANK YOU BOTH>>
AND I am sorry for short changing you Stephen,
thank you and credit for the fix goes to you.

And to WinF.. thanks for the 2x4 to the head.. lol

Dave C

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 18:50:12 -0700, WinField <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Dave C wrote:
> snip
>ze Winfield wrote:
>>>Oh. Well, manual expert - you just might have to buy a second backup copy.

>> OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! Okay.. i will check it out.., i will let ya'll know,
>> and if so, i stand corrected.. but please be nice to us oldtimers..
>> (grin)

>Sorry for snapping at you.
> There may be some newer combination of programs that might work - I
>just don't know.
>
> have fun, take care
> - winfield

(copy of posting on message just prior to this.)

(hanging head is shame)..
Umm.. excuse me as i start to eat some CROW..
with a LARGE portion of HUMBLE PIE for desert....

I stand VERY corrected.. using the newest update of RipIT. and the
newest of FIXvts.. i have a backup of Saw 3..

Guess i should learn to try before condeming.

THANK YOU BOTH>>
AND I am sorry for short changing you Stephen,
thank you and credit for the fix goes to you.

And to WinF.. thanks for the 2x4 to the head.. lol

Stephen Stewart

"Dave C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 21:47:41 -0000, "Stephen Stewart"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Dave C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>I own a copy of SAW 3, and i am trying to make a legit back up copy of
>>> it.. but notihing i am trying is working.. DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink,
>>> DVDFabDecrypter, and even FixVTS.
>>>
>>> I have never had a problem in the past of making backups. Some
>>> combination of the listed softwares usally did the trick.
>>>
>>> Using explorer to look at the VIDEO TS list.. there is over 90 VOB's
>>> listed !!!!!!!!
>>>
>>> Is this some new way of preventing coping? I tried to copy the DVD to
>>> hard drive, but could not get past VOB #7 when it errors out with a
>>> read error. The DVD plays fine, no scratches.
>>>
>>> Anyone else with this problem that has manage to work around it?
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance

>>Use Ripit4me.
>>
>>It's an intelligent front end for DVD Decrypter and FixVTS which generates
>>PSL files, passes them automatically to DVD Decrypter and cleans up with
>>FixVTS.
>>
>>In my view it's the best ripping solution there is and if you set it all
>>up
>>properly it's virtually a one click operation.
>>
>>http://www.ripit4me.org/
>>

>>Stephen
>>

> Thank you for the response, but that is not the problem.
> I have used RIPitforme in the past, and i prefer to do it manually.
> Besides, Ripit4me is still using the same programs that I have, and as
> i stated earlier, those programs are NOT working with this DVD.
>
> Let me clear up what i meant when i said it has over 90 VOB files..
> on the DVD itself, there are IFO's ranging from 01 to 99, and every
> number inbetween. so there is 99 (100 actually cuz there are no 00
> IFO) IFO, BUP and VOB groups.
>
> from VTS_16_0.IFO thru VTS_98_0.IFO the VOB's (two in each IFO group)
> are no bigger then 520 kb each.
>
> My DVD library consists of over 450 titles that have been "backed-up",
> all using some form of the listed software above. This is a first
> for me..
>
> Thank you stephen for your input, but it isn't workn.

If you try it you'll find it works.

Ripit4me is not just a front end, as I said earlier it's an intelligent one
which analyses the protections and passes the correct parameters to the
other tools.

So although it uses the same basic tools it's the way it directs those tools
that makes it special.

Try it and see.

Stephen

Stephen Stewart

"Dave C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 00:37:56 GMT, Dave C <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 16:23:08 -0700, WinField <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>

> snip.. oh hell.. major cut....
>
> (hanging head is shame)..
> Umm.. excuse me as i start to eat some CROW..
> with a LARGE portion of HUMBLE PIE for desert....
>
> I stand VERY corrected.. using the newest update of RipIT. and the
> newest of FIXvts.. i have a backup of Saw 3..
>
> Guess i should learn to try before condeming.
>
> THANK YOU BOTH>>
> AND I am sorry for short changing you Stephen,
> thank you and credit for the fix goes to you.
>
> And to WinF.. thanks for the 2x4 to the head.. lol

No problem. Glad to help.

Ripit4me is actually easier to use than the individual components if you
have it configured properly.

I used to do all the steps individually but now I wouldn't be bothered.

Bang a button and it does it all for you.

I've used most of the different tools available but Ripit4me would now be my
first choice.

Stephen