Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Problems with TV/video sequences burnt to DVD

Problems with TV/video sequences burnt to DVD

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_R=FCsenberg?=

Hi folks,

after several attempts with video recording and burning to DVD there
are problems left.
Why not ask the community about similar experiences ?

I use a PC with Windows XP MCE operating system to record TV
broadcasts via PC card.
The digital signals are taken from the German "DVB-T" - via
Windows Media Center - and written to files with an extension
".dvr-ms" . After recording, playing these data with Windows Media
player is fine.

After this, I have to "transcode" these data.

When I try to do this with Nero Vision Express, the program tells me -
in German language - that transcoding of video files has failed.
There seems to be no chance to correct this behaviour;

When I use Cyber Link Power Producer Express a file with extension
".mpg" is built.
Using this file to burn a DVD and play it afterwards, I see the
following - depending on the software I use to play it:
EITHER
i) the film itself (the video signals or frames) seems to be played
correctly, but the corresponding sound is wrong: the whole story is
told at the speed of light within the first seconds (which results in
a terrible noise!), and after this it is very silent for the rest
of the evening !!
OR
ii) the film with sound is played within seconds. In this case there
is plenty of time left so spend this evening - why not, for example,
look for another film to record to my huge disk ?

That's it!

Does anybody know about a similar problem to be observed with a
configuration like mine?
Is there any solution to this problem?

Are there any problems with the "frames" ?

Any parameters to be set?
Take another software?
Any hardware problems known to be the cause of what happens?
Or better take another PC user ?

Thank you

Captain Midnight

"Michael Rüsenberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi folks,
>
> after several attempts with video recording and burning to DVD there
> are problems left.
> Why not ask the community about similar experiences ?
>
> I use a PC with Windows XP MCE operating system to record TV
> broadcasts via PC card.
> The digital signals are taken from the German "DVB-T" - via
> Windows Media Center - and written to files with an extension
> ".dvr-ms" . After recording, playing these data with Windows Media
> player is fine.
>
> After this, I have to "transcode" these data.
>
> When I try to do this with Nero Vision Express, the program tells me -
> in German language - that transcoding of video files has failed.
> There seems to be no chance to correct this behaviour;
>
> When I use Cyber Link Power Producer Express a file with extension
> ".mpg" is built.
> Using this file to burn a DVD and play it afterwards, I see the
> following - depending on the software I use to play it:
> EITHER
> i) the film itself (the video signals or frames) seems to be played
> correctly, but the corresponding sound is wrong: the whole story is
> told at the speed of light within the first seconds (which results in
> a terrible noise!), and after this it is very silent for the rest
> of the evening !!
> OR
> ii) the film with sound is played within seconds. In this case there
> is plenty of time left so spend this evening - why not, for example,
> look for another film to record to my huge disk ?
>
> That's it!
>
> Does anybody know about a similar problem to be observed with a
> configuration like mine?
> Is there any solution to this problem?
>
> Are there any problems with the "frames" ?
>
> Any parameters to be set?
> Take another software?
> Any hardware problems known to be the cause of what happens?
> Or better take another PC user ?
>
> Thank you

".dvr-ms" is MPG2 in a M$ wrapper file. I use dvr2mpg to unwrap them. no
problems. google for it. Its free.

Ken Maltby

"Michael Rüsenberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi folks,
>
> after several attempts with video recording and burning to DVD there
> are problems left.
> Why not ask the community about similar experiences ?
>
> I use a PC with Windows XP MCE operating system to record TV
> broadcasts via PC card.
> The digital signals are taken from the German "DVB-T" - via
> Windows Media Center - and written to files with an extension
> ".dvr-ms" . After recording, playing these data with Windows Media
> player is fine.
>
> After this, I have to "transcode" these data.
>
> When I try to do this with Nero Vision Express, the program tells me -
> in German language - that transcoding of video files has failed.
> There seems to be no chance to correct this behaviour;
>
> When I use Cyber Link Power Producer Express a file with extension
> ".mpg" is built.
> Using this file to burn a DVD and play it afterwards, I see the
> following - depending on the software I use to play it:
> EITHER
> i) the film itself (the video signals or frames) seems to be played
> correctly, but the corresponding sound is wrong: the whole story is
> told at the speed of light within the first seconds (which results in
> a terrible noise!), and after this it is very silent for the rest
> of the evening !!
> OR
> ii) the film with sound is played within seconds. In this case there
> is plenty of time left so spend this evening - why not, for example,
> look for another film to record to my huge disk ?
>
> That's it!
>
> Does anybody know about a similar problem to be observed with a
> configuration like mine?
> Is there any solution to this problem?
>
> Are there any problems with the "frames" ?
>
> Any parameters to be set?
> Take another software?
> Any hardware problems known to be the cause of what happens?
> Or better take another PC user ?
>
> Thank you

Try running it through www.VideoReDo.com it can read and
output in a number of MPEG flavors, including DVR-MS. Just
output as the form of MPEG your DVD authoring program
requires.

Luck;
Ken

SoCalCommie

"Try running it through www.VideoReDo.com ..." It's not free (15 day trial
version available), but it's quick and does a pretty good job of
automatically editing out commercials (at least in the US).

TTUL... John

"Michael Rüsenberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi folks,
>
> after several attempts with video recording and burning to DVD there
> are problems left.
> Why not ask the community about similar experiences ?
>
> I use a PC with Windows XP MCE operating system to record TV
> broadcasts via PC card.
> The digital signals are taken from the German "DVB-T" - via
> Windows Media Center - and written to files with an extension
> ".dvr-ms" . After recording, playing these data with Windows Media
> player is fine.
>
> After this, I have to "transcode" these data.
>
> When I try to do this with Nero Vision Express, the program tells me -
> in German language - that transcoding of video files has failed.
> There seems to be no chance to correct this behaviour;
>
> When I use Cyber Link Power Producer Express a file with extension
> ".mpg" is built.
> Using this file to burn a DVD and play it afterwards, I see the
> following - depending on the software I use to play it:
> EITHER
> i) the film itself (the video signals or frames) seems to be played
> correctly, but the corresponding sound is wrong: the whole story is
> told at the speed of light within the first seconds (which results in
> a terrible noise!), and after this it is very silent for the rest
> of the evening !!
> OR
> ii) the film with sound is played within seconds. In this case there
> is plenty of time left so spend this evening - why not, for example,
> look for another film to record to my huge disk ?
>
> That's it!
>
> Does anybody know about a similar problem to be observed with a
> configuration like mine?
> Is there any solution to this problem?
>
> Are there any problems with the "frames" ?
>
> Any parameters to be set?
> Take another software?
> Any hardware problems known to be the cause of what happens?
> Or better take another PC user ?
>
> Thank you

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_R=FCsenberg?=

Hi Captain,

thank you for your tips on conversion from DVR-MS to MPG.
I have tried to carry out the transcoding by using the free software
DVR2MPG.

Result: Immediately after starting the process fails with a message
"Unable to create filter 'ATI MPEG multiplexer'! "
Difficult? Bad source file?
I would like to mention that this occurs with the .dvr-ms file which
is taken from TV and which can be played with the Media player without
problems.

Thanks,
Michael

"Captain Midnight" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb:

>"Michael Rüsenberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> after several attempts with video recording and burning to DVD there
>> are problems left.
>> Why not ask the community about similar experiences ?
>>
>> I use a PC with Windows XP MCE operating system to record TV
>> broadcasts via PC card.
>> The digital signals are taken from the German "DVB-T" - via
>> Windows Media Center - and written to files with an extension
>> ".dvr-ms" . After recording, playing these data with Windows Media
>> player is fine.
>>
>> After this, I have to "transcode" these data.
>>
>> When I try to do this with Nero Vision Express, the program tells me -
>> in German language - that transcoding of video files has failed.
>> There seems to be no chance to correct this behaviour;
>>
>> When I use Cyber Link Power Producer Express a file with extension
>> ".mpg" is built.
>> Using this file to burn a DVD and play it afterwards, I see the
>> following - depending on the software I use to play it:
>> EITHER
>> i) the film itself (the video signals or frames) seems to be played
>> correctly, but the corresponding sound is wrong: the whole story is
>> told at the speed of light within the first seconds (which results in
>> a terrible noise!), and after this it is very silent for the rest
>> of the evening !!
>> OR
>> ii) the film with sound is played within seconds. In this case there
>> is plenty of time left so spend this evening - why not, for example,
>> look for another film to record to my huge disk ?
>>
>> That's it!
>>
>> Does anybody know about a similar problem to be observed with a
>> configuration like mine?
>> Is there any solution to this problem?
>>
>> Are there any problems with the "frames" ?
>>
>> Any parameters to be set?
>> Take another software?
>> Any hardware problems known to be the cause of what happens?
>> Or better take another PC user ?
>>
>> Thank you

>".dvr-ms" is MPG2 in a M$ wrapper file. I use dvr2mpg to unwrap them. no
>problems. google for it. Its free.

Ken Maltby

"Michael Rüsenberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Captain,
>
> thank you for your tips on conversion from DVR-MS to MPG.
> I have tried to carry out the transcoding by using the free software
> DVR2MPG.
>
> Result: Immediately after starting the process fails with a message
> "Unable to create filter 'ATI MPEG multiplexer'! "
> Difficult? Bad source file?
> I would like to mention that this occurs with the .dvr-ms file which
> is taken from TV and which can be played with the Media player without
> problems.
>

> Thanks,
> Michael

Just Google 'ATI MPEG multiplexer'
Basically, you just download and install the ATI
AvivoXCode program. (You might try and find the
1.12 (Hacked) version if you want to try the very
high speed Cobra Encoder, as well as use the
multiplexer filter.)

You should get aquatinted with GraphEdit, as well.
It's a free download.

Luck;
Ken

> [...]

> >> Are there any problems with the "frames" ?
> >>
> >> Any parameters to be set?
> >> Take another software?
> >> Any hardware problems known to be the cause of what happens?
> >> Or better take another PC user ?
> >>
> >> Thank you

> >".dvr-ms" is MPG2 in a M$ wrapper file. I use dvr2mpg to unwrap them. no
> >problems. google for it. Its free.
> >

> Hi Captain,
>
> thank you for your tips on conversion from DVR-MS to MPG.
> I have tried to carry out the transcoding by using the free software
> DVR2MPG.
>
> Result: Immediately after starting the process fails with a message
> "Unable to create filter 'ATI MPEG multiplexer'! "
> Difficult? Bad source file?
> I would like to mention that this occurs with the .dvr-ms file which
> is taken from TV and which can be played with the Media player without

Look at the ReadMe.txt that came with dvr2mpg. Appears to be tied to the
"MPEG Program Stream (ATI Filters) - This profile uses filters installed
with the ATI HDTV WONDER drivers" or "MPEG Transport Stream (Elecard
Filters)". Whatever that is. I'm using an HDTV WONDER on XP.

Google http://www.avsforum.com for dvr2mpg to get more information on it.