Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVDs judder on laptop.

DVDs judder on laptop.

Russell King

Hi,

I WAS able to play DVDs on this HP Pavilion dv5094EA
but now they judder.
Any suggestions?
Perhaps a program running in the background
is slowing it down.
Hope the CD/DVD unit isn't faulty
it's less than 6 months old.

Russ

Neck & Red

"Russell King" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jv6th.73271$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I WAS able to play DVDs on this HP Pavilion dv5094EA
> but now they judder.
> Any suggestions?
> Perhaps a program running in the background
> is slowing it down.
> Hope the CD/DVD unit isn't faulty
> it's less than 6 months old.

Yes probably a program. Shut down any unnecessary processes, and check for
spyware/viruses.

Russell King

This cured the problem-

1. Click Start.
2. Right-click My Computer (My Computer is on the Desktop for versions
of Windows prior to Windows XP).
3. Click Properties.
4. Click the Hardware tab.
5. Click the Device Manager button (Device Manager is a tab in versions
of Windows prior to Windows XP).
6. Click the plus sign ( +) to the left of IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to
expand this list.
7. Right-click Secondary IDE Channel.
8. Click Uninstall (Click Delete for versions of Windows prior to
Windows XP).
9. Restart the computer.
10. Repeat steps 1-7.
11. Click Properties.
12. Click the Advanced Settings tab.

Verify that the transfer modes for both Device 0 and Device 1 are set to
DMA if available.