Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Capturing in .TS better than mpeg?

Capturing in .TS better than mpeg?

Bullseye

I've read a lot about people capturing in .ts and converting to mpeg
when they want to author it. I have a capture card that can capture in
both but I'd rather just capture in mpeg cause it's faster. Is there
any disadvantage in capturing straight to mpeg?