Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > PS3 drive speed holding up Oblivion

PS3 drive speed holding up Oblivion

Jonah Falcon

There's a reason the 360 drive is loud and the PS3 drive is quiet - the 360
drive runs very fast.

Meanwhile...

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/17/ps...blivion-delay/

spaceman

http://plazma.freespaces.com -personal website
"Jonah Falcon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Qqyrh.12370$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> There's a reason the 360 drive is loud and the PS3 drive is quiet - the
> 360 drive runs very fast.
>
> Meanwhile...
>
> http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/17/ps...blivion-delay/

LOL, now we know why sony went with 50 gig discs! it's the only way they can
compete on an equal level with hd-dvd, by duplicating data to make up for
slow access times, therefore defeating the purpose completely of having a 50
gig capacity!

Doug Jacobs

In alt.games.video.sony-playstation3 spaceman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> LOL, now we know why sony went with 50 gig discs! it's the only way they can
> compete on an equal level with hd-dvd, by duplicating data to make up for
> slow access times, therefore defeating the purpose completely of having a 50
> gig capacity!

Not quite... Microsoft used a faster drive than Sony. Nothing to do with
HD-DVD/Blu-Ray, just another bad decision by Sony. Remember, the 360
still uses DVDs for games - not HD-DVDs. Also, when playing movies, both
HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are spinning/reading at about the same speed.

--
Win cash and giftcards just for clicking your mouse!
http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=amuro98