Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Costco HD dvd

Reply
Thread Tools

Costco HD dvd

 
 
skip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2007
Just left Costo they are selling the HD dvd player for 449.00
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bill Vermillion
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2007
In article <Xns98BB677CADBE9sky@207.115.33.102>,
skip <skip[@nospam.com> wrote:
>Just left Costo they are selling the HD dvd player for 449.00


Sam's Club is selling the RCA unit for about that price too.
--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave Garrett
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> In article <Xns98BB677CADBE9sky@207.115.33.102>,
> skip <skip[@nospam.com> wrote:


> >Just left Costo they are selling the HD dvd player for 449.00

>
> Sam's Club is selling the RCA unit for about that price too.


I bought my first DVD player, a 2nd-generation Panasonic DVD-A110, in
1998 for around $400. Still have it, but within a year or two, newer and
much cheaper players that blew the Panasonic out of the water quality-
and feature-wise were plentiful.

I figure that by the time the 3rd- or 4th-gen HD-DVD players are
available, you'll probably be able to get one for $200-300. At that
point, I'll consider getting one. There will probably be a lot more
titles available in HD-DVD by then as well.

Dave

 
Reply With Quote
 
Justin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-18-2007
Dave Garrett wrote on [Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:16:33 -0600]:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> In article <Xns98BB677CADBE9sky@207.115.33.102>,
>> skip <skip[@nospam.com> wrote:

>
>> >Just left Costo they are selling the HD dvd player for 449.00

>>
>> Sam's Club is selling the RCA unit for about that price too.

>
> I bought my first DVD player, a 2nd-generation Panasonic DVD-A110, in
> 1998 for around $400. Still have it, but within a year or two, newer and
> much cheaper players that blew the Panasonic out of the water quality-
> and feature-wise were plentiful.


And a year or two after that you could buy DVD players for $50 that were
POS crap. And many still are. My Toshiba SD-2109 still plays like a
champ.

 
Reply With Quote
 
MassiveProng
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-18-2007
On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:07:42 -0600, Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave
us:

>Dave Garrett wrote on [Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:16:33 -0600]:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>> In article <Xns98BB677CADBE9sky@207.115.33.102>,
>>> skip <skip[@nospam.com> wrote:

>>
>>> >Just left Costo they are selling the HD dvd player for 449.00
>>>
>>> Sam's Club is selling the RCA unit for about that price too.

>>
>> I bought my first DVD player, a 2nd-generation Panasonic DVD-A110, in
>> 1998 for around $400. Still have it, but within a year or two, newer and
>> much cheaper players that blew the Panasonic out of the water quality-
>> and feature-wise were plentiful.

>
>And a year or two after that you could buy DVD players for $50 that were
>POS crap. And many still are. My Toshiba SD-2109 still plays like a
>champ.



On another note, however, the first Toshiba DVD recorders...
wouldn't, and they ****ed all the purchasers, and wouldn't fix them
either.

That is my ONLY beef with them. $800.00 recorder no worky.. they act
all "Oh well, thanks for the monetary boost to our firm."
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Firefly" DVD Set on Sale at Costco ngomandy@hotmail.com DVD Video 5 04-02-2006 08:38 PM
Region 1 to 2 & PAL the new 10-hour Panasonic DVD-LS93 Costco DVD player? windytheweather03@yahoo.com DVD Video 79 08-13-2005 01:09 AM
transfer wizard.......Costco computer.......?> Fido Computer Support 3 05-07-2005 03:45 AM
DVD-R & DVD-RW & DVD+R & DVD+RW DVD-WTF Nozza Computer Support 5 12-02-2004 10:06 PM
Re: Sam's Club, Costco, etc. 1 hour digital photo printing? Ron Chusid Digital Photography 0 07-17-2003 02:47 AM



Advertisments