Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Circumvent Region Code

Circumvent Region Code

Mike S.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Doug Jacobs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In alt.video.dvd Kimba W. Lion <KimbaWLion> wrote:
>
>> OMG--that was a great player in the sense that it first unlocked the region
>> codes, but for actually watching DVDs it was a POS. There are gazillions of
>> players out there that are region-free-capable and work a whole lot better.
>> The best I've found so far is the Oppo 970.

>I've read about the Oppo, and am intrigued. How does the Oppo do region
>free? Do you need to hack it, or is it an 'easter egg', or ...? We'll be
>getting a HDTV within the next few months and the next thing to upgrade
>will be the DVD player.

Simple hack using the regular remote control.

Doug Jacobs

In alt.video.dvd Mike S. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >I've read about the Oppo, and am intrigued. How does the Oppo do region
> >free? Do you need to hack it, or is it an 'easter egg', or ...? We'll be
> >getting a HDTV within the next few months and the next thing to upgrade
> >will be the DVD player.

> Simple hack using the regular remote control.

Ah. Thanks. I found details via google.

--
Win cash and giftcards just for clicking your mouse!
http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=amuro98