Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > HD-DVD Changers? Do they exist yet?

HD-DVD Changers? Do they exist yet?

markm75

Has anyone received any inside info on this idea.. I see lots of HD
players out there (HD-DVD, not BluRay).. but none offer multi disc
options.. like 3 or 5 etc...?

Cheers

Derek Janssen

markm75 wrote:
> Has anyone received any inside info on this idea.. I see lots of HD
> players out there (HD-DVD, not BluRay).. but none offer multi disc
> options.. like 3 or 5 etc...?

.....ARE there 3 or 5 disks of either format yet?

Derek Janssen (then again, if you just want to rotate your three copies
of "Batman Begins")

MassiveProng

On 7 Jan 2007 19:34:47 -0800, "markm75" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>Has anyone received any inside info on this idea.. I see lots of HD
>players out there (HD-DVD, not BluRay).. but none offer multi disc
>options.. like 3 or 5 etc...?
>
>Cheers

If enough folks would have bought players, there would be. Folks
like you that wait are going to have to wait a while longer.

They are only on their second generation of players at this point.

Opening a tray five times and inserting five discs is a loss of a
whole half minute over opening a five disc tray and inserting five
discs.

Big deal. If I am ever that lazy remind me to kill myself.

At this point in my life, every two calories I burn count, and the
extra effort to deal with discs in a one-at-a-time fashion is two
calories per disc that I can use.

Mark Jones

Derek Janssen wrote:
> markm75 wrote:
>> Has anyone received any inside info on this idea.. I see lots of HD
>> players out there (HD-DVD, not BluRay).. but none offer multi disc
>> options.. like 3 or 5 etc...?

> ....ARE there 3 or 5 disks of either format yet?

My local Blockbuster has about 30 of each type available
for rental. It is still too early to have a clue as to which
one is going to come out a winner, if either one does.

markm75

Mark Jones wrote:
> Derek Janssen wrote:
> > markm75 wrote:
> >> Has anyone received any inside info on this idea.. I see lots of HD
> >> players out there (HD-DVD, not BluRay).. but none offer multi disc
> >> options.. like 3 or 5 etc...?

> > ....ARE there 3 or 5 disks of either format yet?

> My local Blockbuster has about 30 of each type available
> for rental. It is still too early to have a clue as to which
> one is going to come out a winner, if either one does.

Its not "lazy" to ask for convience.. especially when paying the hefty
price that frequently associates with technology. There are many
times, when going from one disc to another on the fly is desirable..
especially if you have kids and alot of dvds that are watched on a
weekly/daily basis between them.

As far as the format wars.. by all indications (currently), HD-DVD
appears to be winning.. I'm also willing to bet it will win in the
end.. with BluRay becoming more of a PC backup medium.

Cheers.

MassiveProng

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 23:08:23 -0500, Derek Janssen
<(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>....ARE there 3 or 5 disks of either format yet?

Wow... You're funnier than flava flav.

Neck & Red

"MassiveProng" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 23:08:23 -0500, Derek Janssen
> <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>
>>....ARE there 3 or 5 disks of either format yet?

> Wow... You're funnier than flava flav.

A box full of dead kittens is funnier than flavar flav.