Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > ISO to AVI

ISO to AVI

mal_k100

Hi all - I have been trying to find a method of creating an AVI from an
ISO image file for playing videos on my DVD player. It will obviously
play and ISO if I burn it to a DVD but I want to play of the hard drive
and it will not read ISO file, but it will read various other formats.
Is there a complete freeware package, I've looked at some and I need to
register for things like ISO BUSTER. Before I do I thought I'd ask if
anyone has any ideas. Ideally I'd like to go straight to .avi from .iso
if possible
Thanks

gerry

It would be easier just playing the ISO with VLC media player,
freeware. If you have an ISO image file, you can use DVDDecrypter to
burn the ISO to a DVDR. If you want to make an .avi or XviD file, you
will need to use the AutoGK program, freeware but tough to use.

mal_k100 wrote:
> Hi all - I have been trying to find a method of creating an AVI from an
> ISO image file for playing videos on my DVD player. It will obviously
> play and ISO if I burn it to a DVD but I want to play of the hard drive
> and it will not read ISO file, but it will read various other formats.
> Is there a complete freeware package, I've looked at some and I need to
> register for things like ISO BUSTER. Before I do I thought I'd ask if
> anyone has any ideas. Ideally I'd like to go straight to .avi from .iso
> if possible
> Thanks

mal_k100

Thnaks Gerry - the point is that I don't want to spend time burnind
DVDs from an ISO image. With the new DVD players that have hard drives
like the Liteon or Aria's Media players with hard drives, I shoudn't
need to keep the DVDs. It is a bit like my Music, I convert all those
to MP3 to save space and don't lose the quality. The idea of looking
for an ISO to AVI was to do a simlar thing. Unfirtunately if I have an
ISO image for some, I wanted a simple converter. I had a look at AutoGK
but is didn't seem to support .ISO when I slected the input file.
Thanks anyway