Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > 1000 GB high def recorder

1000 GB high def recorder

habshi

With 4gb pen drives less than $50 and transfer rates of 480mbs
one could go in a video shop and download from the server a Bollywood
movie in high def in less than a minute and enjoy it on our big screen
hi def screens . Who will be the first to offer such a service?

AZ Nomad

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 17:05:43 GMT, habshi <hi@anony> wrote:

> With 4gb pen drives less than $50 and transfer rates of 480mbs
>one could go in a video shop and download from the server a Bollywood
>movie in high def in less than a minute and enjoy it on our big screen
>hi def screens . Who will be the first to offer such a service?

480mbps is the theoretical limit of the interface. No flash drive is
anywhere as fast. You're lucky if you ever see 30mb/s writing to flash.
Anyway, 4GB is only good for fifteen minutes of hidef.

And why the **** are you spamming the indian newsgroups? <trimmed>