Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > HDDVD/Bluray: stillborn or coma

HDDVD/Bluray: stillborn or coma

Alpha

"JoeBloe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 1 Jan 2007 03:30:46 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) Gave us:
>

>>Aaron J. Bossig wrote:
>>
>>> The flaw in that comparison is that DVD did, in fact, replace VHS.
>>> Therefore, nothing prevents DVD from being replaced by someone else.

>>For most people DVD is sufficient. If they don't buy the new
>>display, or have the ability to play HDDVD/Bluray on their computer,
>>they will not even be familiar with any improvement that high def
>>offers. No familiarity means no purchases.
>>
>>Another factor that will prevent adoption is that most people
>>already have an investment in DVDs. Who knows what the
>>average # of DVDs per person or household is, but I know
>>people who have 100. And of course libraries and video stores
>>have 1000s. So if you tell those people they're going to have
>>to put out another $2000 or $20,000 respecitvely for new
>>discs and they will balk. Not to mention the need to buy
>>a high-def screen, the drive, and maybe a video card.

> It's not a "drive", dumbass. Get out of your PC centric ****tard
> mentality.
>
> The format was meant for home theater use. It is a DISC PLAYER.
>
> The PLAYER pumps the DISPLAY just fine. No video card needed.
>
> Oh, and what do ya know... ALL of my DVD library ALSO plays, and is
> even resolution upconverted perfectly.
>
> Get a clue, boy, you are miles behind the rest of the world.

You are an idiot beyond compare!

Alpha

"JoeBloe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 08:41:01 GMT, Bobbie <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Gave us:
>
>>Plus I doubt that you have over 2000 watts of Dolby Digital wailing away
>>in your living room.

> That doesn't change anything about the stream required. Old DVD...
> **** sound.
>
> HD DVD. Great sound. My stereo system supports it, so why would
> have all this good ****, and feed it old DVD lo res technology?
>
> Got clue? THERE IS A DIFFERENCE, AND IT IS NOTICABLE! Do'H!
>
> When are you retards going to stop composing cross posted crap?
>
> Check the rules of your ISP. The original poster is a cross posting
> dipshit.

What a freakin moron.

Alpha

"JoeBloe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 01:44:17 -0800, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>

>>> I'm not saying that BR/HD isn't a stillborn format,

>>Good. Therefore your response is much ado about nothing.
>>

> Yeah, and yours has all the depth that a sand grain makes hitting a
> steel plate from any distance.

How cleverly stupid.

Alpha

"JoeBloe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 18:08:30 -0000, "the dog from that film you saw"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>

>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...

>>> WHAT? Do you realize that every DVD player includes approximately
>>> $20(*) in patent license fees from the cartel?

>>they all cant do so - given that dvd players can be purchased for about
>>$25
>>equivalent in the uk - i think some chinese factories simply ignore the
>>patents.

> Then their **** gets left on the docks when the system is working,
> and the system does work. There have been many shithole player makers
> take a dump mainly for compatibility or licensing issues.
>
> Same thing for PC hard drives. UL marking, etc. can get you in
> trouble if it isn't compliant.

This is so stupid it indicates drug addiction.

alt

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 08:33:43 +0000, Bobbie wrote:

> This means that the debate over DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray may already be a thing
> of the past.
>
> Can you imagine how simple movie distribution would be in the near future?
> You go to the video store with your little 20 GB SD card and the account
> card from you video player. The account card would be used to encrypt the
> movie so that the SD card is only readable and playable on the video
> player that your account card is assigned to. If copies of your movie are
> found to be floating around on the Internet, watermarks injected into the
> video and audio will enable the movie to be tracked so far back as to the
> last person who purchased the movie from an authorized stream vendor.
>
> If you want packaging to go with your movie for that old time authentic
> feel, these can be printed on site for a nominal fee.
>
> The only thing holding a scheme back at the moment is the cost of the
> media. Optical wins at the moment, but how much longer can it hold on?

Ugh... what a horrible solution.

Think about this scenario: You call up a friend and agree to pick up a
movie on the way over. You don't have THEIR card, only yours. Do you take
your player with you? What if your player isn't compatible with their TV
(your player may not have RCA outputs or their TV isn't HDCP compliant.)

I like this article:

Rexunrex@yahoo.com

Alpha wrote:
> "JoeBloe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > You sure don't know much about data streams.

> Yes I do. I invented some.

Don't waste your breath, he's just a 12 year old troll
who's afraid of girls and haunted by feelings of inferiority.

JoeBloe

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 14:52:37 -0800, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>"JoeBloe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 12:44:37 -0800, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>>
>>>If it takes a long time, it will fail. The next generation of video could
>>>well be based on direct cable or satellite transmission and stored on
>>>silicon (or one of the emerging new memory materials).

>> You sure don't know much about data streams.

>Yes I do. I invented some.

You're a joke. What a pathetic claim.

>> Cable/over wire/air does not now, nor will it ever likely deliver
>> high end audio streams. The video is degraded on most channels too,
>> even some declared as hi def. Any given cable channel has 6MHz of
>> bandwidth. THAT's ALL. Tell me, chump, how does one pipe 25Mb/s over
>> a 6Mhz channel?

>Stupid question.

You're the idiot that thinks that we will be watching hi def
material over cable channels.

I am fine, dumb****.

You are too ****ing retarded to even know what the "status quo" is.

> The only
>constant in the universe is change...particularly for media.

Something you are completely clueless about.

JoeBloe

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 14:55:34 -0800, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>"JoeBloe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 18:08:30 -0000, "the dog from that film you saw"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>>

>>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) groups.com...

>>>they all cant do so - given that dvd players can be purchased for about
>>>$25
>>>equivalent in the uk - i think some chinese factories simply ignore the
>>>patents.

>> Then their **** gets left on the docks when the system is working,
>> and the system does work. There have been many shithole player makers
>> take a dump mainly for compatibility or licensing issues.
>>
>> Same thing for PC hard drives. UL marking, etc. can get you in
>> trouble if it isn't compliant.

>This is so stupid it indicates drug addiction.

You are obviously too ****ing adolescent, as well as too ****ing
retarded to have ever seen a shipment get held at the dock before.

I am familiar with the practice, and you are a ****ing retarded twit
if you don't think it takes place.

Wait... you're a retarded twit regardless of what you think.

JoeBloe

On 1 Jan 2007 18:02:20 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) Gave us:

>Alpha wrote:
>> "JoeBloe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> > You sure don't know much about data streams.

>> Yes I do. I invented some.

>Don't waste your breath, he's just a 12 year old troll
>who's afraid of girls and haunted by feelings of inferiority.

Awwww... The RexTard gets stomped into the dirt, and instead of
replying with any brains at all, the PUSSY BOY mouths off in another
thread third person style. Where's that reply that actually expresses
FACTS? Oh... that's right... all you have spewed so far is ****.
Nothing even close to facts.

Then you went on to whimper like a child about the economy.

If you think America is so bad, and the dollar is so weak... get the
**** out, you stupid ****tard! Go find joy jacking off at the mouth
in some other country.

You could be a bit more retarded, boy, just not in this life.

zwsdotcom@gmail.com

JoeBloe wrote:

> You are obviously too ****ing adolescent, as well as too ****ing
> retarded to have ever seen a shipment get held at the dock before.

It is harder to get something declared - and enforced - as an
infringing import in most/all of the EU. Since the OP was talking about
prices in UKP, I assume he's in Her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great
Britain and Northern Ireland.

In the US, where every shipping container has a lawyer duct-taped to
it, the situation is a bit different as you observed.