Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Problems converting avi to DVD using WinAVI Help!!

Problems converting avi to DVD using WinAVI Help!!

KIMOSABE

I've been converting some avi movie files to DVD format using WinAVI.
But when I burn the DVD I get a message from my maching that it cannot
read the disc. The disc can be read by VLC media player.

When I look in the folder that I saved it to, the files still have the
WMV icon attached to them and the files are VOB(?) Obviously I'm a
rank amateur at doing this stuff, but I can't see why it isn't working.

Any advice?

Thanx in advance

Impmon

On 29 Dec 2006 19:07:04 -0800, "KIMOSABE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've been converting some avi movie files to DVD format using WinAVI.
>But when I burn the DVD I get a message from my maching that it cannot
>read the disc. The disc can be read by VLC media player.
>
>When I look in the folder that I saved it to, the files still have the
>WMV icon attached to them and the files are VOB(?) Obviously I'm a
>rank amateur at doing this stuff, but I can't see why it isn't working.
>
>Any advice?

Without knowing the specifics like the steps you took, I can't help
much but I could suggest www.videohelp.com for starter. Here's a
direct link to WinAVI to DVD guide:
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=255111

The web site I posted is all free and if you still have problem, you
chould go into the forum and ask for help.

KIMOSABE

Impmon wrote:
> Without knowing the specifics like the steps you took, I can't help
> much but I could suggest www.videohelp.com for starter. Here's a
> direct link to WinAVI to DVD guide:
> http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=255111

Thanks, but I've tried both links and get a blank page each time with
The page cannot be displayed

Little Red Hen

"KIMOSABE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I've been converting some avi movie files to DVD format using WinAVI.
> But when I burn the DVD I get a message from my maching that it cannot
> read the disc. The disc can be read by VLC media player.
>
> When I look in the folder that I saved it to, the files still have the
> WMV icon attached to them and the files are VOB(?) Obviously I'm a
> rank amateur at doing this stuff, but I can't see why it isn't working.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Thanx in advance

Try VSO ConvertXtoDVD - it's a really good simple program that for me works
everytime and will handle many different file formats. Simple chapter points
etc

health_bob@yahoo.com

It's easy to do with Video Tools
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/avs-video-tools.htm