Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Night of the Comet from MGM

Night of the Comet from MGM

fredman

Jeeezuzzz! Finally -

from DavisDVD news for Thursday 12/28/06:

MGM Home Entertainment have just revealed that they will release the
cult classic Night of the Comet on March 6th, 2007. What if the only
people left alive in the world were Southern California teenagers?
That's the premise of this enjoyable sci-fi tale of two sisters who
must fend off zombie-like mutants and mysterious scientists after a
comet's passing exterminates nearly all life. No disc details have
been made available, but we expect an anamorphic transfer and Dolby
Digital 2.0 Surround audio. Retail is $14.98.

kaboom

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:21:04 -0800, fredman
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jeeezuzzz! Finally -
>
>from DavisDVD news for Thursday 12/28/06:
>
>MGM Home Entertainment have just revealed that they will release the
>cult classic Night of the Comet on March 6th, 2007. What if the only
>people left alive in the world were Southern California teenagers?
>That's the premise of this enjoyable sci-fi tale of two sisters who
>must fend off zombie-like mutants and mysterious scientists after a
>comet's passing exterminates nearly all life. No disc details have
>been made available, but we expect an anamorphic transfer and Dolby
>Digital 2.0 Surround audio. Retail is $14.98.

**Well, holy crap and hallelujah but I'll be happy when it's actually
in my hands.

kaboomie

Derek Janssen

kaboom wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:21:04 -0800, fredman
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Jeeezuzzz! Finally -
>>

>>from DavisDVD news for Thursday 12/28/06:

>>MGM Home Entertainment have just revealed that they will release the
>>cult classic Night of the Comet on March 6th, 2007. What if the only
>>people left alive in the world were Southern California teenagers?
>>That's the premise of this enjoyable sci-fi tale of two sisters who
>>must fend off zombie-like mutants and mysterious scientists after a
>>comet's passing exterminates nearly all life. No disc details have
>>been made available, but we expect an anamorphic transfer and Dolby
>>Digital 2.0 Surround audio. Retail is $14.98.

> **Well, holy crap and hallelujah but I'll be happy when it's actually
> in my hands.

Is this one of the three 80's-cult "hostages" that were trapped in the
semi-legit purgatory phantom-zone of Pacific Video, after "Final
Countdown" was rescued?
(Or am I thinking of "Night of the Creeps"?--I get my 80's New World
B-movies confused.)

....If so, that leaves only "Monster Squad" and "KISS Meets the Phantom
of the Park" left to go, and then we can pretend the whole incident
never happened!

Derek Janssen

kaboom

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 20:47:32 -0500, Derek Janssen
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>kaboom wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:21:04 -0800, fredman
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Jeeezuzzz! Finally -

>>>from DavisDVD news for Thursday 12/28/06:

>>>MGM Home Entertainment have just revealed that they will release the
>>>cult classic Night of the Comet on March 6th, 2007. What if the only
>>>people left alive in the world were Southern California teenagers?
>>>That's the premise of this enjoyable sci-fi tale of two sisters who
>>>must fend off zombie-like mutants and mysterious scientists after a
>>>comet's passing exterminates nearly all life. No disc details have
>>>been made available, but we expect an anamorphic transfer and Dolby
>>>Digital 2.0 Surround audio. Retail is $14.98.

>> **Well, holy crap and hallelujah but I'll be happy when it's actually
>> in my hands.

>Is this one of the three 80's-cult "hostages" that were trapped in the
>semi-legit purgatory phantom-zone of Pacific Video, after "Final
>Countdown" was rescued?
>(Or am I thinking of "Night of the Creeps"?--I get my 80's New World
>B-movies confused.)

**MGM is releasing "Solarbabies" on the same day I'd rather buy
"Night of the Creeps." Yea, I think NOTC was part of the Pacific
Family Entertainment trilogy.

kaboomie

Night of the Comet on Tuesday... Jordan DVD Video 15 03-21-2007 08:34 AM
Night of the Comet Joceanne DVD Video 1 08-01-2005 02:35 AM
What happened to Night of the Comet? Gamilia DVD Video 4 01-19-2004 12:13 AM
Night of the Comet ominousspiritous DVD Video 6 10-27-2003 11:15 PM
Night of the Comet? any word? Sam Lowry DVD Video 8 10-03-2003 08:34 AM

Advertisments