Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Red picture through component

Red picture through component

Woodchuck

Hi Today I tried to hook up my Father's Samsung DVD player to a
Grundig LCD TV using the component inputs and outputs. When playing
disks the picture has a strong reddish color. I thought it was the
cables fault so I changed cables and checked if they were not mixed but
the order is correct and the same thing is happening on the other
cables. Does anyone have a suggestion what is going wrong?

skip

"Woodchuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1167345854.687833.88380
@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Hi Today I tried to hook up my Father's Samsung DVD player to a
> Grundig LCD TV using the component inputs and outputs. When playing
> disks the picture has a strong reddish color. I thought it was the
> cables fault so I changed cables and checked if they were not mixed but
> the order is correct and the same thing is happening on the other
> cables. Does anyone have a suggestion what is going wrong?

A samsung DVD player must be connected thru The AV cables as well. and IT
must be set for the component output

Woodchuck

skip wrote:
> A samsung DVD player must be connected thru The AV cables as well. and IT
> must be set for the component output

It must be connected with Component cables and additionally with the AV
ones?? Is it some kind of bug? I thought that the whole picture is
transmitted through the Component outputs...

Woodchuck

Ok, I have solved the problem myself. The DVD was set to S-Video out
not Component. Setting it to Component made the picture correct. As I
thought no additional AV cables were needed What surprises me though
is the fact that I did see ANY picture when the output was set to
S-Video...