Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Faster AVI o DVD converter!

Faster AVI o DVD converter!

Mark Whiteley

All.

I use avid2dvd (freeware) to convet my avi's 2 dvd's.It's a good program i
find and it is free so i am greatful to it's programmers, however it takes
over 3hs to convert the average film.
I am running a AMD4400+
2gb ddr ect..

Can anybody suggest a faster freeware program?

Thanks all,

Mark

Impmon

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:46:05 GMT, "Mark Whiteley"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anybody suggest a faster freeware program?

Doubtful since DVD is MPEG2 and that is not free to use. But if you
really need something, you could give TMPGEnc a try, it has 30 days
demo on MPEG2 conversion, rest of the program is free. And if you're
cheap, you can look for crack to break the 30 days limit. But
seriously, pay for TMPGEnc.

Mark Whiteley

is avi2dvd the only freeware progam on the net that does this? (sounds like
i did well to get it then. Should be even more greatful to the programmers
then)

I will give this a try,

I don't mind paying for good sotware it's just i don't have any form of
debut or credit card so i have no way to get money to them unless it's
through a shop(high street)

Thanks and enjoy the new year

Mark

"Mark Whiteley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1zwkh.4915$(E-Mail Removed)...
> All.
>
> I use avid2dvd (freeware) to convet my avi's 2 dvd's.It's a good program i
> find and it is free so i am greatful to it's programmers, however it takes
> over 3hs to convert the average film.
> I am running a AMD4400+
> 2gb ddr ect..
>
> Can anybody suggest a faster freeware program?
>
> Thanks all,
>
> Mark

snapper

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>All.
>
>I use avid2dvd (freeware) to convet my avi's 2 dvd's.It's a good program i
>find and it is free so i am greatful to it's programmers, however it takes
>over 3hs to convert the average film.
>I am running a AMD4400+
>2gb ddr ect..
>
>Can anybody suggest a faster freeware program?
>
>Thanks all,
>
>Mark

Go to http://videohelp.com and search for divx2dvd. It will probably
show you ConvertXToDVD ($30) but look under 'other info' and you will
see the freebee DivXtoDVD.

Good luck

stivenpro@gmail.com

I reccomend
http://dvdvideosoft.com/guides/avs/c...eo-formats.htm

stivenpro@gmail.com

I recommend
http://dvdvideosoft.com/guides/avs/c...eo-formats.htm

burritonut@yahoo.com

> I recommend
> http://dvdvideosoft.com/guides/avs/c...eo-formats.htm

My recommendation is Cucusoft's Mpeg/Mov/RMVB/DivX/AVI to DVD/VCD/SVCD
Converter - Video Converter (Pro)

See: http://www.cucusoft.com/avi-to-dvd.asp

Admittedly, it's going to cost you $30 but as I stated above, it's the
fastest I've ever used. Download their crippled version and do a simple
test to see what I mean.

Paul