Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 350 client adapter - locks up PC when WEP key is wrong

Cisco 350 client adapter - locks up PC when WEP key is wrong

Peter

Hi,

I have a laptop with the LMC352 PCMCIA wifi adapter.

It all works fine, but I find that when there is an AP within range
that uses WEP, and I don't have the WEP key for it (usually the case!)
the adapter turns off its radio (the icon turns white).

Then, Windows locks up solidly for a few seconds every say 30 seconds.

I have a choice of which supplicant to use; for plain 40-bit WEP I can
use either the ACU or the XP one and I am using the XP one because it
is slightly better in its handling of new network location.

How can I prevent this locking-up? It seems like some sort of auto
power saving mode is being entered, but I haven't changed any of the
ACU settings from their defaults. Anyway, the ACU is set to "use
another application to set network settings" so I wonder how much of
the ACU actually does anything now.

Peter.
E-mail replies to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) but remove the X and the Y.

Aaron Leonard

On Wed, 25 May 2005 12:14:40 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) (Peter) wrote:

~ Hi,
~
[...]

I haven't heard of such a problem before.

You can try upgrading to latest code (IW 1.5, see
http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-cente...ireless.shtml). Or, if
you're already running IW 1.5, try downgrading.

Or, if you have TAC support, open a case.

Regards,

Aaron