Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > What to look for when I need VGA output

What to look for when I need VGA output

benzis@gmail.com

Hi,

I need a DVD player that will connect directly to a computer monitor,
so I need one that has a VGA connector. I just read (in a review about
a player that has a VGA connector) that a user only succeeded in
playing 2 out of 50 (!) discs properly through the VGA output. Since I
don't have a TV at home, this could be a problem.

What should I be looking for when I buy the player? How can I know I
won't have the same problem?
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mikey

Have you thought of a scart to VGA box? Like the ones that convert Xboxes
to VGA.

They tend to run films without problems.

Mike

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I need a DVD player that will connect directly to a computer monitor,
>so I need one that has a VGA connector. I just read (in a review about
>a player that has a VGA connector) that a user only succeeded in
>playing 2 out of 50 (!) discs properly through the VGA output. Since I
>don't have a TV at home, this could be a problem.
>
>What should I be looking for when I buy the player? How can I know I
>won't have the same problem?
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks!

Rather than spending the money for a high end DVD player with VGA output, take
the money and buy a 27" tv. Most now have ATSC digital tuner and can be found
at walmart for less than $200

BR549

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I need a DVD player that will connect directly to a computer monitor,
> so I need one that has a VGA connector. I just read (in a review about
> a player that has a VGA connector) that a user only succeeded in
> playing 2 out of 50 (!) discs properly through the VGA output. Since I
> don't have a TV at home, this could be a problem.
>
> What should I be looking for when I buy the player? How can I know I
> won't have the same problem?
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!

Why not just buy a dvd drive for the computer that the "computer monitor" is
attached to? Not only cheaper, but a lot more useful.