Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Strange DVD

Strange DVD

E. Barry Bruyea

A few days ago, my wife was in our local library and saw the Digitally
Remastered DVD of "Cleopatra". She checked it out because she hadn't
seen the movie in a very long time and thought she'd like to watch it
(especially without commercials). I decided to copy the DVD. I put
it in one of my DVD units, but the computer would not recognize that
there was a disk inserted. I tried several times, with no success, so
I put it in my DVD burner (an LG) and the same thing occurred. It was
a two disk set, so I tried the other one, same thing. I then put it
my DVD player and it played fine. I cleaned both disks and in the
process I noticed a 'spiraling' coming out from the centre of both
disks that was quite prominent. No big deal, but does anyone have any
idea why my player will recognize & play the DVD, but neither of my
computer based units would even recognize the disk. Usually, it's the
other way around. Also, the 'spiraling' design appears unusual.

Larry Gold

that will teach you for trying to copy DVDs

"E. Barry Bruyea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>A few days ago, my wife was in our local library and saw the Digitally
> Remastered DVD of "Cleopatra". She checked it out because she hadn't
> seen the movie in a very long time and thought she'd like to watch it
> (especially without commercials). I decided to copy the DVD. I put
> it in one of my DVD units, but the computer would not recognize that
> there was a disk inserted. I tried several times, with no success, so
> I put it in my DVD burner (an LG) and the same thing occurred. It was
> a two disk set, so I tried the other one, same thing. I then put it
> my DVD player and it played fine. I cleaned both disks and in the
> process I noticed a 'spiraling' coming out from the centre of both
> disks that was quite prominent. No big deal, but does anyone have any
> idea why my player will recognize & play the DVD, but neither of my
> computer based units would even recognize the disk. Usually, it's the
> other way around. Also, the 'spiraling' design appears unusual.

E. Barry Bruyea

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 00:47:12 -0000, "Larry Gold"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>that will teach you for trying to copy DVDs

Gee Whiz, d'ya think?