Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Problems with color streaming - help!

Problems with color streaming - help!

googlemail2003@yahoo.com

I just bought a new LCD/HD TV and DVD player, both with color streaming
hookups. I purchased the special cable and made the connections.

When I played the DVD the entire picture was blue. First I thought the
cable might be faulty so I exchanged it. Still had a blue picture.
Since I had bought the TV and DVD player online from the same place
they decided to send me another DVD player. Tried again - now the
picture is completely red.

First of all, I assume this means the problem is with the DVD player
and not the TV?? Is there anything else I should try before deciding
both DVD players are duds?

I can play a DVD just fine from the regular connections but not when I
try to use the color streaming.

Am I missing a lot if I don't use color streaming? It's a Toshiba.
Also has progressive scan. Don't know what that is either. The user's
guide is awful!

Kimba W. Lion

>I just bought a new LCD/HD TV and DVD player, both with color streaming
>hookups. I purchased the special cable and made the connections.
>
>When I played the DVD the entire picture was blue. First I thought the
>cable might be faulty so I exchanged it. Still had a blue picture.
>Since I had bought the TV and DVD player online from the same place
>they decided to send me another DVD player. Tried again - now the
>picture is completely red.
>
>First of all, I assume this means the problem is with the DVD player
>and not the TV?? Is there anything else I should try before deciding
>both DVD players are duds?
>
>I can play a DVD just fine from the regular connections but not when I
>try to use the color streaming.
>
>Am I missing a lot if I don't use color streaming? It's a Toshiba.
>Also has progressive scan. Don't know what that is either. The user's
>guide is awful!

I'm sure it must be awful if they use "color stream" to mean component video
inputs. Sounds like you just didn't set up the DVD player to use the
component video output--not doing this will give you all-one-color pictures.
Just go into the setup menu for the DVD player and change the video output.
(What's really awful is that the dealer didn't know about this.)

Derek Janssen

Kimba W. Lion wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

>>I just bought a new LCD/HD TV and DVD player, both with color streaming
>>hookups. I purchased the special cable and made the connections.
>>
>>When I played the DVD the entire picture was blue.

> I'm sure it must be awful if they use "color stream" to mean component video
> inputs. Sounds like you just didn't set up the DVD player to use the
> component video output--not doing this will give you all-one-color pictures.
> Just go into the setup menu for the DVD player and change the video output.
> (What's really awful is that the dealer didn't know about this.)

You're sure that's "color streaming" as in, the brand name for YCbCr
connections (the new-generation blue/brown connections, instead of the
usual red/yellow)?
If your DVD player only has red/yellow RGB outputs, that's a whole
different beast.

Derek Janssen (who had never heard of YCbCr "color stream" before his
first Toshiba standard set, either)
(E-Mail Removed)

googlemail2003@yahoo.com

Derek Janssen wrote:
> Kimba W. Lion wrote:
>
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >

> >>I just bought a new LCD/HD TV and DVD player, both with color streaming
> >>hookups. I purchased the special cable and made the connections.
> >>
> >>When I played the DVD the entire picture was blue.

> > I'm sure it must be awful if they use "color stream" to mean component video
> > inputs. Sounds like you just didn't set up the DVD player to use the
> > component video output--not doing this will give you all-one-color pictures.
> > Just go into the setup menu for the DVD player and change the video output.
> > (What's really awful is that the dealer didn't know about this.)

> You're sure that's "color streaming" as in, the brand name for YCbCr
> connections (the new-generation blue/brown connections, instead of the
> usual red/yellow)?
> If your DVD player only has red/yellow RGB outputs, that's a whole
> different beast.
>
> Derek Janssen (who had never heard of YCbCr "color stream" before his
> first Toshiba standard set, either)
> (E-Mail Removed)

It says color streaming YPbPr (whatever that means)

googlemail2003@yahoo.com

This worked.

Thanks!!