Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Kubrick SE DVDs

Kubrick SE DVDs

Goro

from digitalbits:

By the way, a lot of you have been asking what's up with Warner's
promised Stanley Kubrick special editions - the ones that we talked
about back in January when we attended the studio's 2006 catalog DVD
event. I've checked in with Warner reps and have learned that they're
definitely still on the way. They're being completely remastered and
will have all-new special features. They're now planned for release
sometime in 2007... but most of you probably already guessed that. Just
know that they're still coming and they should be pretty cool. We'll
say more when there's more to say.

---

This is the first time i've heard of this. I've heard that the HD-DVD
version are not going to be 4:3 like the DVDs, but I've not heard of SE
editions. Anyone shed some light on this for me?

thx
-goro-

rob

On 11 Nov 2006 14:13:20 -0800, "Goro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>from digitalbits:
>
>By the way, a lot of you have been asking what's up with Warner's
>promised Stanley Kubrick special editions - the ones that we talked
>about back in January when we attended the studio's 2006 catalog DVD
>event. I've checked in with Warner reps and have learned that they're
>definitely still on the way. They're being completely remastered and
>will have all-new special features. They're now planned for release
>sometime in 2007... but most of you probably already guessed that. Just
>know that they're still coming and they should be pretty cool. We'll
>say more when there's more to say.
>
>---
>
>This is the first time i've heard of this. I've heard that the HD-DVD
>version are not going to be 4:3 like the DVDs, but I've not heard of SE
>editions. Anyone shed some light on this for me?
>
>thx
>-goro-

Are the HD-DVD transfers matted widescreen ?