Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Viewing a DVD transferred from the HD to a disc

Viewing a DVD transferred from the HD to a disc

GRL

I have a DVD recorder. As all the DVD recorders, it creates all the times it
records the typical structure of a DVD movie on RW discs. I want to transfer
on a RW disc a DVD movie I have on the HD. But when I try to view the
transferred movie, the DVD recorder (or another DVD reader) isn't able to
show it (it seems that it doesn't recognize the format).
So: how can I transfer a DVD from a HD to the disc and to view it?
Thanks.

E. Barry Bruyea

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 03:27:33 +0100, "GRL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a DVD recorder. As all the DVD recorders, it creates all the times it
>records the typical structure of a DVD movie on RW discs. I want to transfer
>on a RW disc a DVD movie I have on the HD. But when I try to view the
>transferred movie, the DVD recorder (or another DVD reader) isn't able to
>show it (it seems that it doesn't recognize the format).
>So: how can I transfer a DVD from a HD to the disc and to view it?
>Thanks.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. I transfer DVD's to the Hard
Drive from DVD/R's & DVD/RW's quite often and then copy them back to a
DVD+R if I plan to keep it. Never had a problem

GRL

Thank you for your answer.
I mean: to use the copy of a movie DVD on a HD tranferred on a DVD RW. It
happens to me that my DVD reader or my DVD recorder aren't able to read this
copy (while they run, of course, if the DVD RW has been recorded directly by
the DVD recorder). Apparently no reason why, because the format of the data
is the same.
GRL

"E. Barry Bruyea" <damnsummerhas http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 03:27:33 +0100, "GRL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I have a DVD recorder. As all the DVD recorders, it creates all the times
>>it
>>records the typical structure of a DVD movie on RW discs. I want to
>>transfer
>>on a RW disc a DVD movie I have on the HD. But when I try to view the
>>transferred movie, the DVD recorder (or another DVD reader) isn't able to
>>show it (it seems that it doesn't recognize the format).
>>So: how can I transfer a DVD from a HD to the disc and to view it?
>>Thanks.

> I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. I transfer DVD's to the Hard
> Drive from DVD/R's & DVD/RW's quite often and then copy them back to a
> DVD+R if I plan to keep it. Never had a problem

Anthony Marsh

GRL wrote:
> Thank you for your answer.
> I mean: to use the copy of a movie DVD on a HD tranferred on a DVD RW. It
> happens to me that my DVD reader or my DVD recorder aren't able to read this
> copy (while they run, of course, if the DVD RW has been recorded directly by
> the DVD recorder). Apparently no reason why, because the format of the data
> is the same.
> GRL

The settop DVD intentionally puts errors onto the DVD to recognize it as
his own.

> "E. Barry Bruyea" <damnsummerhas (E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 03:27:33 +0100, "GRL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a DVD recorder. As all the DVD recorders, it creates all the times
>>> it
>>> records the typical structure of a DVD movie on RW discs. I want to
>>> transfer
>>> on a RW disc a DVD movie I have on the HD. But when I try to view the
>>> transferred movie, the DVD recorder (or another DVD reader) isn't able to
>>> show it (it seems that it doesn't recognize the format).
>>> So: how can I transfer a DVD from a HD to the disc and to view it?
>>> Thanks.

>> I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. I transfer DVD's to the Hard
>> Drive from DVD/R's & DVD/RW's quite often and then copy them back to a
>> DVD+R if I plan to keep it. Never had a problem

GRL

I understand this, but it doesn't explain why also the other device (the DVD
reader) recognizes only the recoreded movies and not the transferred ones.
Thanks again.

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..