Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Blockbuster HD

Blockbuster HD

Mark Jones

My local Blockbuster video store just started offering HD and Blu-Ray
movie rentals. The kids behind the counter didn't have very many
details though because it just started today. I don't know if the
rental fee is the same as regular DVDs or if it is covered by
the movie pass that I have. If it is covered by movie pass, I will be
getting a HD-DVD player real soon. No Blu-Ray for awhile because
the price for a player is way too high.

Derek Janssen

Mark Jones wrote:

> My local Blockbuster video store just started offering HD and Blu-Ray
> movie rentals. The kids behind the counter didn't have very many
> details though because it just started today.

While Netflix has been offering your choice of format as auto-default
(ie., if you register as an HD owner and rent "Superman Returns", guess
which version gets sent), pretty much since the titles came out.

Thought of getting a player myself just for that, but, again, we want to
see the companies sweat a little more.

Derek Janssen (it's good for them)