Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Power supply failure

Power supply failure

jimz

The fan on my computer power supply quit, and I did not
know about it until the supply fried itself. My question
is, I have had intermittnet problems with both my DVD
player and my CD rom drives for the past couple of
months or so. The dvd would read some dvd's but
not others. Could this have been related to the power
overheating?

I guess I'll know for sure when my new one gets here
and I plug it in.

Jim

Peter H. Coffin

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:55:01 GMT, jimz wrote:
> The fan on my computer power supply quit, and I did not
> know about it until the supply fried itself. My question
> is, I have had intermittnet problems with both my DVD
> player and my CD rom drives for the past couple of
> months or so. The dvd would read some dvd's but
> not others. Could this have been related to the power
> overheating?
>
> I guess I'll know for sure when my new one gets here
> and I plug it in.

Best answer, innit? Trying will get a reliable result. Newgroup
subscribers would just be guessing.

--
_ o