Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Screen Capture

DVD Screen Capture

bobdydd

Hi All

Is there any way that I can capture a still of a DVD video at
a high resolution?

For example 36" x 24" at 200 dpi or is pixels per inch I should be
looking at?

How are these high resolution files produced in the real world ?

Bob

Aaron Lawrence

On a pleasant day while strolling in alt.video.dvd, a person by the name
of bobdydd exclaimed:
> How are these high resolution files produced in the real world ?

With a regular (still) camera on set.

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

Impmon

On 13 Oct 2006 04:57:11 -0700, "bobdydd"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Is there any way that I can capture a still of a DVD video at
>a high resolution?

DVD maxes out at 720x480 so unless you got really good interplorating
software you'd get ugly jaggies on higher res.

Consider HD-DVD or blu-ray for higher res.
Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.

Kimba W. Lion

Impmon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Consider HD-DVD or blu-ray for higher res.

Those formats would only print about 9.6 inches by 5.4 inches at 200 dpi.