Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > CD does not play

CD does not play

Peter Ostermann

Hi folks,

the first Trailer on this page

http://www.anno1701.com/launch/index...oads&l2=videos

after download I burned on CD to view it on TV by DVD
player. It does not work. What goes wrong?
Thanks in advance for hints.

Regards
Peter

RobMac

"Peter Ostermann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4527c6db$0$30570$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...
> Hi folks,
>
> the first Trailer on this page
>
> http://www.anno1701.com/launch/index...oads&l2=videos
>
> after download I burned on CD to view it on TV by DVD
> player. It does not work. What goes wrong?
> Thanks in advance for hints.
>
> Regards
> Peter

Make sure your DVD player is actually *able* to play VCDs (check your
manual)....not all players do.

JoeBloe

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 12:23:53 -0400, "RobMac" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Gave us:

>"Peter Ostermann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:4527c6db$0$30570$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> the first Trailer on this page
>>
>> http://www.anno1701.com/launch/index...oads&l2=videos
>>
>> after download I burned on CD to view it on TV by DVD
>> player. It does not work. What goes wrong?
>> Thanks in advance for hints.
>>
>> Regards
>> Peter

>Make sure your DVD player is actually *able* to play VCDs (check your
>manual)....not all players do.

He may also have merely burned the file onto a disc, as opposed to
burning an image, which may be the format of the file.

jd

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 09:32:03 -0700, JoeBloe
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 12:23:53 -0400, "RobMac" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Gave us:
>

>>"Peter Ostermann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:4527c6db$0$30570$(E-Mail Removed) r-online.net...
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> the first Trailer on this page
>>>
>>> http://www.anno1701.com/launch/index...oads&l2=videos
>>>
>>> after download I burned on CD to view it on TV by DVD
>>> player. It does not work. What goes wrong?
>>> Thanks in advance for hints.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Peter

>>Make sure your DVD player is actually *able* to play VCDs (check your
>>manual)....not all players do.
>>

> He may also have merely burned the file onto a disc, as opposed to
>burning an image, which may be the format of the file.

It's a windows media file ****wit. Almost any DVD player should be
able to read the wmv format [rovided it has the right codec.

Peter Ostermann

Hi, folks,

"jd" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>>>Make sure your DVD player is actually *able* to play VCDs (check your
>>>manual)....not all players do.
>>>

>> He may also have merely burned the file onto a disc, as opposed to
>>burning an image, which may be the format of the file.

> It's a windows media file ****wit. Almost any DVD player should be
> able to read the wmv format [rovided it has the right codec.

Yes, my newly bought but probably poor Sony DVD player, this ****wit, was
not able to read this wmv format kind of windows media file ****wit. )

But JoeBloe was right, burning an image was the solution.

Thanks for support to you guys!

Peter Ostermann
www.pkf-ostermann.de

Geena Phillips

jd wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 09:32:03 -0700, JoeBloe
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 12:23:53 -0400, "RobMac" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>Gave us:
>>

>>>"Peter Ostermann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:4527c6db$0$30570$(E-Mail Removed) or-online.net...

>>>Make sure your DVD player is actually *able* to play VCDs (check your
>>>manual)....not all players do.
>>>

>> He may also have merely burned the file onto a disc, as opposed to
>>burning an image, which may be the format of the file.

> It's a windows media file ****wit. Almost any DVD player should be
> able to read the wmv format [rovided it has the right codec.

Any player made NOWADAYS. My player was made in 2000, and I would have
to convert a .wmv into mpeg in order to make a disc that plays on it.

Well, whaddaya know? War WAS the answer, after all. Go figure.

A lone Micronaut lost in a world of Star Wars action figures,
(The Excessively Parenthetical) Geena-- Worrier Princess

"Reciprocity... is the key to every relationship."
--LAPD Capt. Dudley Smith (James Cromwell), in L.A. Confidential

"Andy Warhol once said that everyone would be famous for fifteen
minutes. The unfortunate corollary is that everyone will also appear in
a Freddie Prinze, Jr. movie for fifteen minutes."
--me

"This is like driving a Rolls Royce, naked, in mink underpants."
--Tony Bourdain

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it
but at the very least you need a beer."
-- Frank Zappa

"I'm not sayin' it's the best thing in the world FOR ya; I'm just sayin'
it's the best thing in the world."
-- Alton Brown

"The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is
that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes,
wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their
prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet
this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all
the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in
all history."
-- Robert Heinlein

Richard C.

"jd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> It's a windows media file ****wit. Almost any DVD player should be
> able to read the wmv format [rovided it has the right codec.

Not true at all!