Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "Duel" 2nd release: were goofs fixed?

"Duel" 2nd release: were goofs fixed?

Richard K.

The DVD for "Duel" (1971) was recalled after its initial 2004 release and
nobody quite knew why. Many were sold online then mysteriously pulled. It
was called "Duel (Collector's Edition)" and is still being sold under that
name. I want to know if it's the same version or if they fixed some visual
goofs....keep reading.

If anyone bought this DVD (new) after its 2nd release, can you tell me if
they CGI'd out the scenes where Spielberg's head appears in the phone booth
glass and car's rearview mirror? Those scenes almost ruin it when you know
to expect them. Someone put up a link with partial clips of both scenes:
http://bmnr10.tripod.com/duel_sounds.htm

Thanks for any info. Richard

"Oh? Looked like a big complication to me!" <laughter from cafe patrons>