Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New 10 layer optical disc HDVMD nearly here...

New 10 layer optical disc HDVMD nearly here...

ct

For details...

www.prodisc.com.au

Ken Maltby

"ct" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lt_Tg.39761$(E-Mail Removed)...
> For details...
>
> www.prodisc.com.au

Can you say "VaporWare"?

dean

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 02:05:05 GMT, "ct" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>For details...
>
>www.prodisc.com.au

Only ONE company stupid enough to make it.
They advertise 10 layers for 55gb. Blue ray is double layer for 50gb
and hundreds of companies using it compared to only one for hdvmd.

Memories of beta tapes come flooding back.
For something like this to succeed, most of the bigger brands have to
have a hand in the pie, otherwise its going to die a fast death.

It may hold 55gigs but not one hollywood company is going to use.
$300 for a player which is worthless. No burners to make your own
movies which means its dead in the water.

Prodisc will be bankrupt by years end if they have put everything into
this useless format.

The press release has to many holes in it.
http://www.prodisc.com.au/HDVMDPress...7/Default.aspx

They claim bluray video sare $60 each when they are $35 each.
At least bluray has titles. There are none for this crappy system.
The dumb hdvmd only plays mpeg2. They never heard of mpeg4 or divx ?

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Ken Maltby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"ct" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:lt_Tg.39761$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> For details...
>>
>> www.prodisc.com.au
>>

> Can you say "VaporWare"?

And way too overly complicated. Can you imagine dealing with a scratch or
fingerprint with 10 layers?

Bill Anderson

GMAN wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Ken Maltby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "ct" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:lt_Tg.39761$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> For details...
>>>
>>> www.prodisc.com.au
>>>

>> Can you say "VaporWare"?
>>

> And way too overly complicated. Can you imagine dealing with a scratch or
> fingerprint with 10 layers?

They all laughed at Christopher Columbus
When he said the world was round
They all laughed when Edison recorded sound
They all laughed at Wilbur and his brother
When they said that man could fly
They told Marconi wireless is a phony
It's that same old cry

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Hebee Jeebes

Vape-or-where? Or not they can't even get dual layer discs to be worth a
crap let alone 5 times the number of layers.

"ct" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lt_Tg.39761$(E-Mail Removed)...
> For details...
>
> www.prodisc.com.au

Hebee Jeebes

But the best one of all... There's a stupid sucker born every minute. I hear
you occupied two them!

"Bill Anderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> GMAN wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Ken Maltby"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> "ct" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:lt_Tg.39761$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Can you say "VaporWare"?
>>>

>> And way too overly complicated. Can you imagine dealing with a scratch or
>> fingerprint with 10 layers?

> They all laughed at Christopher Columbus
> When he said the world was round
> They all laughed when Edison recorded sound
> They all laughed at Wilbur and his brother
> When they said that man could fly
> They told Marconi wireless is a phony
> It's that same old cry
>
> --
> Bill Anderson
>
> I am the Mighty Favog

Derek Janssen

Bill Anderson wrote:

> GMAN wrote:
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Ken
>> Maltby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> "ct" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:lt_Tg.39761$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Can you say "VaporWare"?
>>>

>> And way too overly complicated. Can you imagine dealing with a scratch
>> or fingerprint with 10 layers?

> They all laughed at Christopher Columbus
> When he said the world was round
> They all laughed when Edison recorded sound
> They all laughed at Wilbur and his brother
> When they said that man could fly
> They told Marconi wireless is a phony

And EZ-Disks are saying "...Why?? "

Derek Janssen