Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > GROUND BREAKING NEW VOIP SERVICE---choose from over 2 million UK numbers!

GROUND BREAKING NEW VOIP SERVICE---choose from over 2 million UK numbers!

David Floyd

In message of Tue, 20 Feb 2007, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
>fa103 wrote:
>> A brand new UK broadband service "Connexin" has been launched.
>>
>> Offering numbers from all over the UK leaving you spoilt for choice.
>> Crystal Clear sound
>> Pstn Back up so your call never drops
>> Better than BT calling
>> Calls abroad from 1.8p a min
>> Unlimited packages from 4.99/month
>>
>> SHOP ---> the latest ground breaking VoIP devices such as dual mode
>> GSM/VoIP mobiles! coming march 2007 the voip Cxpress store!
>>
>> for more information visit: www.connexin.co.uk
>>
>> or email:
>> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>> (E-Mail Removed)

>Shame voicemail can't be turned off. No use to me with forced
>voicemail.

I feel dubious about a so called telecoms company that doesn't know the
correct area codes. They have Bristol as 01173, where we all know that
Bristol is 0117

fa103

On Feb 21, 9:30 am, Desk Rabbit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> fa103 wrote:
> > On Feb 20, 4:32 pm, "cybuerke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> "fa103" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >> <snippery for tidiness>
> >> Hope that helps clear up any of the confusion.

> >> Regards

> >> My original point. There should be absolutely no need to clear up any
> >> confusion.

> >> You touted your service on here and provided a link. The link is
> >> incomplete, incorrect and confusing. Then you promise that certain prices
> >> will fall in the future.

> >> Let me ask you - hand on heart - if you were a prospective punter, would
> >> *you* be impressed?

> > I understand your concern,

> > The prices shown are the pay as you go prices. The service offered is
> > far superior than that of sipgate or skype. We want to make VoIP
> > telephony reliable, easy to use and cheap. I was merely giving people
> > an insight in to whats to come.

> So why didn't you come clean and say this in your original post instead
> of all the flim-flam?
>
> > 1. You can choose the number you want,

> Bzzzzzt! No you can't you can only choose from an offering of 10.
>
> Besides which, my area code is missing from the list.
>
> 2. you can always upgrade to the contracts
>
> > at a later date.

> So you say....................- Hide quoted text -

Yes there are over 2 million numbers to choose from, the menu gives a
choice of ten to different users to help makingin chooing easier..
have you ever seen what 10,000 numbers in a list looks like? 2. IF you
dont want the service no one is begging you to join, Its your loss. 3.
Your postings show just what type of person you are. You take time out
of your day and look spread negativity, which quite frankly is sad.

Regards,

fa103

On Feb 21, 10:44 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:30:11 +0000, Desk Rabbit <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >> The service offered is
> >> far superior than that of sipgate

> That is nothing to shout about all you need to do that is to get two
> tin cans and a piece of string .

Connexin Quality assurance:

ASR's* monitored on an hourly basis
ASR's checked against live industry benchmarks
Calls re-routed for quality rather than cost considerations, 24/7
Multiple routes/carriers to choose from
Active checking/testing

cybuerke

<more snippery>

As I write, this is the twenty-second reply to your original post - so
congratulations are due to you for provoking so many responses to an
unsolicited trade announcement.

I was also going to congratulate you on your demeanour in facing some fairly
critical comments. That is, until you lost it with Desk Rabbit. Ah well -
good to know that you bleed as well.

This will be my last comment on this thread, but in all honesty, I do advise
you to take on board what has been said, go through your website with a fine
tooth comb with the eyes of a suspicious, tight fisted customer, and only
announce your service when you are sure that it's ready for consumption by a
fickle public.

And for pity's sake - *don't* expect a British newsgroup to wet themselves
with glee when you do.

Desk Rabbit

fa103 wrote:
> On Feb 21, 9:30 am, Desk Rabbit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> fa103 wrote:
>>> I understand your concern,
>>> The prices shown are the pay as you go prices. The service offered is
>>> far superior than that of sipgate or skype. We want to make VoIP
>>> telephony reliable, easy to use and cheap. I was merely giving people
>>> an insight in to whats to come.

>> So why didn't you come clean and say this in your original post instead
>> of all the flim-flam?
>>
>>> 1. You can choose the number you want,

>> Bzzzzzt! No you can't you can only choose from an offering of 10.
>>
>> Besides which, my area code is missing from the list.
>>
>> 2. you can always upgrade to the contracts
>>
>>> at a later date.

>> So you say....................- Hide quoted text -

> Yes there are over 2 million numbers to choose from, the menu gives a
> choice of ten to different users to help makingin chooing easier..

Or give less choice to the customer.

> have you ever seen what 10,000 numbers in a list looks like?

Yes, but properly written you wouldn't have to display 10,000 numbers to
allow a customer to choose from your extensive range.

2. IF you
> dont want the service no one is begging you to join, Its your loss.

So far it's cost me nothing so I have lost nothing. You are just another
"me to" VOIP provider in a sea of "me to" VOIP providers. The thing that
sets you apart at the moment is your attitude.

3.
> Your postings show just what type of person you are. You take time out
> of your day and look spread negativity, which quite frankly is sad.

Look, if you are going to come into a newsgroup shouting "Here! Look at
this site" then people are going to look at. To then be surprised and
upset at the customer viewpoint feedback you are getting FOR FREE seems
a little churlish to me.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

David Floyd wrote:
> In message of Tue, 20 Feb 2007, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
>> fa103 wrote:
>>> A brand new UK broadband service "Connexin" has been launched.
>>>
>>> Offering numbers from all over the UK leaving you spoilt for choice.
>>> Crystal Clear sound
>>> Pstn Back up so your call never drops
>>> Better than BT calling
>>> Calls abroad from 1.8p a min
>>> Unlimited packages from 4.99/month
>>>
>>> SHOP ---> the latest ground breaking VoIP devices such as dual mode
>>> GSM/VoIP mobiles! coming march 2007 the voip Cxpress store!
>>>
>>> for more information visit: www.connexin.co.uk
>>>
>>> or email:
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>> (E-Mail Removed)

>> Shame voicemail can't be turned off. No use to me with forced
>> voicemail.

> I feel dubious about a so called telecoms company that doesn't know
> the correct area codes. They have Bristol as 01173, where we all
> know that Bristol is 0117

It seems they are doing this for all area codes, they are simply
displaying the first few digits of the full number.

For Birmingham they have 01212, it's a 0121 268 number which is provided
by coms, I take it that is coms.com

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

fa103

On Feb 21, 1:18 pm, "cybuerke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <more snippery>
>
> As I write, this is the twenty-second reply to your original post - so
> congratulations are due to you for provoking so many responses to an
> unsolicited trade announcement.
>
> I was also going to congratulate you on your demeanour in facing some fairly
> critical comments. That is, until you lost it with Desk Rabbit. Ah well -
> good to know that you bleed as well.
>
> This will be my last comment on this thread, but in all honesty, I do advise
> you to take on board what has been said, go through your website with a fine
> tooth comb with the eyes of a suspicious, tight fisted customer, and only
> announce your service when you are sure that it's ready for consumption by a
> fickle public.
>
> And for pity's sake - *don't* expect a British newsgroup to wet themselves
> with glee when you do.

Thank you very much for your message, it is very much appreciated. We
are working long and hard on the website and really to value your
suggestions.

fa103

On Feb 21, 2:35 pm, Desk Rabbit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> fa103 wrote:
> >> So why didn't you come clean and say this in your original post instead
> >> of all the flim-flam?

> >> Bzzzzzt! No you can't you can only choose from an offering of 10.

> >> Besides which, my area code is missing from the list.

> >> 2. you can always upgrade to the contracts

> >> So you say....................- Hide quoted text -

> > Yes there are over 2 million numbers to choose from, the menu gives a
> > choice of ten to different users to help makingin chooing easier..

> Or give less choice to the customer.
>
> > have you ever seen what 10,000 numbers in a list looks like?

> Yes, but properly written you wouldn't have to display 10,000 numbers to
> allow a customer to choose from your extensive range.
>
> 2. IF you> dont want the service no one is begging you to join, Its your loss.
>
> So far it's cost me nothing so I have lost nothing. You are just another
> "me to" VOIP provider in a sea of "me to" VOIP providers. The thing that
> sets you apart at the moment is your attitude.
>

> 3.> Your postings show just what type of person you are. You take time out
> > of your day and look spread negativity, which quite frankly is sad.

> Look, if you are going to come into a newsgroup shouting "Here! Look at
> this site" then people are going to look at. To then be surprised and
> upset at the customer viewpoint feedback you are getting FOR FREE seems
> a little churlish to me.- Hide quoted text -

Dear Desk Rabbit,

Your comments have not provoked or upset me in anyway. We deal with
users like yourself on a day to day basis, with over 100 paying
customers on launch our service is not meerly a "me too" VoIP company,
we are a revolutionary product. Lastly, your comments have been very
much appreciated by myself and the team. We thought it important to
communicate with the user directly, hence posting in this forum. We
have recieved many suggestions some positive and some negative and aim
to strengthen our foundations at Connexin.

Hope you all the best

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

fa103 wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2:35 pm, Desk Rabbit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> fa103 wrote:

>>> Yes there are over 2 million numbers to choose from, the menu gives
>>> a choice of ten to different users to help makingin chooing easier..

>> Or give less choice to the customer.
>>
>>> have you ever seen what 10,000 numbers in a list looks like?

>> Yes, but properly written you wouldn't have to display 10,000
>> numbers to allow a customer to choose from your extensive range.
>>
>> 2. IF you> dont want the service no one is begging you to join, Its
>> your loss.
>>
>> So far it's cost me nothing so I have lost nothing. You are just
>> another "me to" VOIP provider in a sea of "me to" VOIP providers.
>> The thing that
>> sets you apart at the moment is your attitude.
>>

>> 3.> Your postings show just what type of person you are. You take
>> time out
>>> of your day and look spread negativity, which quite frankly is sad.

>> Look, if you are going to come into a newsgroup shouting "Here! Look
>> at
>> this site" then people are going to look at. To then be surprised and
>> upset at the customer viewpoint feedback you are getting FOR FREE
>> seems
>> a little churlish to me.- Hide quoted text -

> Dear Desk Rabbit,
>
> Your comments have not provoked or upset me in anyway. We deal with
> users like yourself on a day to day basis, with over 100 paying
> customers on launch our service is not meerly a "me too" VoIP company,
> we are a revolutionary product. Lastly, your comments have been very
> much appreciated by myself and the team. We thought it important to
> communicate with the user directly, hence posting in this forum. We
> have recieved many suggestions some positive and some negative and aim
> to strengthen our foundations at Connexin.
>
> Hope you all the best

Revolutionary in which way? I can't see anything revolutionary.

Ivor Jones

"fa103" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com

[snip]

> Thank you very much for your message, it is very much
> appreciated. We are working long and hard on the website
> and really to value your suggestions.

Right, so go away and get on with it. Come back here *ONLY* when it is
working *100%* and then only with a *single* announcement. I do not expect
to see 25+ posts here from your userid. If I do, I will have no option but
to killfile you.

Announcing a usable service is one thing, spamming is something entirely
different and you are verging on the latter.

Ivor