Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voip providers that can spoof CID

Voip providers that can spoof CID

Jono

PhilT wrote:
> On 17 Feb, 18:00, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
>> any other ideas (without Asterisk !)

> I had a similar question asked of me - is it possible to put the CLI
> of the original caller onto a call when forwarded via a SIP
> provider ? From the replies so far the answer looks to be "no" as
> people as concerned about ownership of numbers and pre-authorisation.
> The PABX supplier says they can do it but the outcome depends on the
> service provider.
>
> The situation involved a small PABX taking incoming calls and using an
> IVR menu to offer the calling party a choice of numbers which were
> then called via mobiles (field staff out on the road). The idea of the
> variable CID was to allow the recipient of the forwarded call to have
> a number to call back if for example they lost the mobile signal and
> the call dropped.
>
> Any chance ?

There is a detailed write up of this very thing somewhere on the
NerdVittles blog at <http://nerdvittels.com>

When I call forward using a Sipura SPA3000, the caller's CLI remains
intact, by the way, even on calls from the PSTN. (Not call transfer)

PhilT

On 19 Feb, 18:12, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> There is a detailed write up of this very thing somewhere on the
> NerdVittles blog at <http://nerdvittels.com>

thanks, will have a look.

> When I call forward using a Sipura SPA3000, the caller's CLI remains
> intact, by the way, even on calls from the PSTN. (Not call transfer)- Hide quoted text -

are you forwarding via an ITSP (if so which one) or just forwarding
the SIP call to a different place ?

Phil

Jono

on 19/02/2007, PhilT supposed :
> On 19 Feb, 18:12, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> There is a detailed write up of this very thing somewhere on the
>> NerdVittles blog at <http://nerdvittels.com>

> thanks, will have a look.
>
>> When I call forward using a Sipura SPA3000, the caller's CLI remains
>> intact, by the way, even on calls from the PSTN. (Not call transfer)- Hide
>> quoted text -

> are you forwarding via an ITSP (if so which one) or just forwarding
> the SIP call to a different place ?

Forwarding via Sipgate.

Inbound PSTN==>SPA3000==>Sipgate Account==>Remote Sipgate account

Thomas Kenyon

Ivor Jones wrote:

> In any case, convention has always dictated that in the event of a dropped
> call, the originator of that call attempts to re-establish it, so it would
> be up to the caller to try again, not the recipient.

You clearly don't have customers to deal with.

Ivor Jones

"Thomas Kenyon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:KxACh.30112$(E-Mail Removed)
> Ivor Jones wrote:
>
> > In any case, convention has always dictated that in the
> > event of a dropped call, the originator of that call
> > attempts to re-establish it, so it would be up to the
> > caller to try again, not the recipient.

> You clearly don't have customers to deal with.

Sorry, you've lost me. If a call drops, it's up to the caller to
re-establish it, that's always been the convention with everyone I know
for as long as I can remember.

If you call me, presumably you want to talk to me. If the call drops, you
will call me again if you want to carry on talking to me. Why should I
call you at my expense when it was you who initiated the conversation..?

Ivor

Jono

Ivor Jones has brought this to us :
> "Thomas Kenyon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:KxACh.30112$(E-Mail Removed)
>> Ivor Jones wrote:
>>
>> > In any case, convention has always dictated that in the
>> > event of a dropped call, the originator of that call
>> > attempts to re-establish it, so it would be up to the
>> > caller to try again, not the recipient.

>> You clearly don't have customers to deal with.

> Sorry, you've lost me. If a call drops, it's up to the caller to re-establish
> it, that's always been the convention with everyone I know for as long as I
> can remember.
>
> If you call me, presumably you want to talk to me. If the call drops, you
> will call me again if you want to carry on talking to me. Why should I call
> you at my expense when it was you who initiated the conversation..?
>
> Ivor

haha. I make/receive that many calls in a day, I often can't remember
if I'm the caller or not! I never leave a customer to call me back,
regardless.

Ivor Jones

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

> haha. I make/receive that many calls in a day, I often
> can't remember if I'm the caller or not! I never leave a
> customer to call me back, regardless.

Sorry and all that, but if you can't remember whether you made or answered
a call, that's your own problem..! If I call someone and the call drops, I
try again. If someone calls me and it drops, I expect them to try again.
It has been convention for as long as I can remember.

Ivor

J.Clavox@btinternet.com

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:12:55 -0000, "Ivor Jones"

>It has been convention for as long as I can remember.

It used to be convention for kids to get up and let the elderly have
their seats on a bus but not anymore .
Times change Ivor and it is time you changed your ideas
about certain things also, no matter how much ranting and
raving about spammers you do spammers will just carry on spamming
just leave them to it .
They are not doing you any harm are they ? .
People spamming ( adds ) on TV annoy me a lot more than in this group
or any other but I just have to put up with them or watch BBC .

Thomas Kenyon

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:12:55 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
>
>> It has been convention for as long as I can remember.

> It used to be convention for kids to get up and let the elderly have
> their seats on a bus but not anymore .

They still do (well, it happenss here).

If a call is cut short when you are speaking to a customer, it is only
polite for you to call them back.

Ivor Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:12:55 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
>
> > It has been convention for as long as I can remember.

> It used to be convention for kids to get up and let the
> elderly have their seats on a bus but not anymore .
> Times change Ivor and it is time you changed your ideas
> about certain things also, no matter how much ranting and
> raving about spammers you do spammers will just carry on
> spamming just leave them to it .

Right, you're having a laugh, aren't you..?

> They are not doing you any harm are they ? .

Yes they are taking up my time and bandwidth, as are you. Go away or
killfile me, please.

> People spamming ( adds ) on TV annoy me a lot more than
> in this group or any other but I just have to put up with
> them or watch BBC .

I don't, I record all programmes on ITV and fast forward through the ads.

Ivor