Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Siemens C460IP phone?

Siemens C460IP phone?

ian

I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
Experiences anyone?

--
Ian

Linker3000

ian wrote:
> I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
> Experiences anyone?

Just started to evaluate one - easy to setup but a bit clicky. I need to
do some more testing though as the DECT base is about 1m from a
wifi-enabled ADSL router at the moment.

Peter Gradwell

ian wrote:
> I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
> Experiences anyone?

i think it's awesome, but it does occasionally say it's failed to
register for some reason, when actually it's fine

peter

Jay

"ian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
> Experiences anyone?
>
> --
> Ian

Ian,
I bought the same unit 2 weeks ago from DST telecom.
Works like a treat on both VOIP & Normal land line.
only wished there was a way to add contacts on to the phone rather than
typing them all in.

I have a discount code for 7% off if bought in this month from the company.
Post on here if you need it.
I can give you the code once I reach home.
still at work at the moment.

ian

In message <45d0b460$0$22120$(E-Mail Removed)>, Jay <(E-Mail Removed)>
writes

>"ian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
>> Experiences anyone?
>>
>> --
>> Ian

>Ian,
>I bought the same unit 2 weeks ago from DST telecom.
>Works like a treat on both VOIP & Normal land line.
>only wished there was a way to add contacts on to the phone rather than
>typing them all in.
>
>I have a discount code for 7% off if bought in this month from the company.
>Post on here if you need it.
>I can give you the code once I reach home.
>still at work at the moment.

Somebody in another forum said it was impossible to set the audio to a
high enough level. He couldn't hear other callers very well, and people
he called said the audio level was low.

Does this match people's experiences here?

Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
address book?

Also #2, where do I find the user manual? The Siemens site doesn't play
ball with my browser.

--
Ian

Tim

ian wrote:

> Somebody in another forum said it was impossible to set the audio to a
> high enough level. He couldn't hear other callers very well, and people
> he called said the audio level was low.
>
> Does this match people's experiences here?

No. They work fine. On the newer firmware, you can adjust the gain
levels.

Of course, the person in the forum may have a PBX that transmits at too
low a gain level.

> Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
> on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
> interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
> address book?

Correct. Web interface on affects base station. Address book is in the
handset.

You can't enter SIP addresses into the address book. Infact, you can't
dial a SIP address anyway.

It really is a very simple phone, but it works really well.

> Also #2, where do I find the user manual? The Siemens site doesn't play
> ball with my browser.

Try:

http://www.provu.co.uk//pdf/siemens/...dicEnglish.pdf

C460IP and C450IP are the same thing. 460 british, 450 european.

There are 2 plastic shapes for the handset - manual shows the other
variant to what is sold in the UK.

Tim

Paul

ian wrote:
[snip]

> Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
> on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
> interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
> address book?

Whilst the phonebook is stored individually on each handset, it is easy
to copy it between handsets registered to the same base station. So you
only need to type it in once.

cheers,
Paul.

f.alamgir@connexin.co.uk

On 10 Feb, 10:18, ian <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
> Experiences anyone?
>
> --
> Ian

Hi Ian,

The Siemens C460IP is a decent dect handset. I use it as my home
phone. I bought it off www.connexin.co.uk. Its relatively cheap and
the connexin voip service is the best ive ever had!

IF you're interested let me know i get discounts!

f.alamgir@connexin.co.uk

On 19 Feb, 13:25, Paul <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> ian wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

> > Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
> > on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
> > interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
> > address book?

> Whilst the phonebook is stored individually on each handset, it is easy
> to copy it between handsets registered to the same base station. So you
> only need to type it in once.
>
> cheers,
> Paul.

Paul,

The Siemens handset can be adjusted using its computer browser based
system. Open internet explorer and type: 192.168.2.15 or 192.168.1.15
depends on the make of your router. It Lets you then customise the
baseset using your computer! If you need more info feel free to visit
www.connexin.co.uk or email http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).

Regards

www.connexin.co.uk

ian

In message <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
(E-Mail Removed) writes
>On 19 Feb, 13:25, Paul <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> ian wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>

>> > Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
>> > on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
>> > interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
>> > address book?

>> Whilst the phonebook is stored individually on each handset, it is easy
>> to copy it between handsets registered to the same base station. So you
>> only need to type it in once.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Paul.

>Paul,
>
>The Siemens handset can be adjusted using its computer browser based
>system. Open internet explorer and type: 192.168.2.15 or 192.168.1.15
>depends on the make of your router. It Lets you then customise the
>baseset using your computer! If you need more info feel free to visit
>www.connexin.co.uk or email (E-Mail Removed).

Someone has already said in this thread that you can't set up SIP
addresses in the address book. For me this is a show stopper, so I'm now
looking for another SIP/DECT combo.

--
Ian

Siemens C460IP Tim UK VOIP 0 06-11-2007 12:10 PM
Siemens Gigaset C460IP - can it route PSTN calls to VoiP Linker3000 UK VOIP 1 05-23-2007 04:20 PM
Siemens C460IP Firmware Tim UK VOIP 0 02-26-2007 03:29 PM
Siemens C460IP Tim UK VOIP 8 11-14-2006 09:42 AM
ForSale: Fujitsu Siemens D1567-C33 motherboard SynDR0m3 The Lounge 13 08-14-2005 03:56 AM

Advertisments