Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoIP - How many outgoing calls possible?

VoIP - How many outgoing calls possible?

Desk Rabbit

Richard Moore wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup a TrixBox (Asterisk) and was wondering how many
> simultaneous outgoing calls are possible per SIP trunk?
>
> Would it be 1 outgoing call per SIP trunk, meaning that 4 simultaneous
> calls would require 4 trunks (and maybe 4 separate VoIP accounts)?
>
> Or are there VoIP account packages that allow you to place more than 1
> call at a time on a single account?
>
> Cheers

How much bandwidth do you have? Which codec(s) are you using?

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Bandwidth+consumption

http://www.asteriskguru.com/tools/ba...calculator.php

Richard Moore

>"Jon Farmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>

>Richard Moore wrote:
>
>> I've got a 'free' VoIP account from EntaCall that I've been
>> familiarising myself with. When I tried to make two outgoing calls on
>> the same SIP trunk I got an EntaCall recorded message saying the line
>> was already in use.
>>
>> I think the difficulty for me is in wading through all the small print
>> of the providers and trying to understand what they offer. They don't
>> seem too keen to publicise how many calls can be made at once when using
>> an Asterisk based system.
>>

>Richard,
>
>This is because you have a prepay account. If you can get a postpay
>account you will be able to make multiple simultaneous calls.
>
>Regards
>
>Jon

Thanks for the info Jon! Have upgraded the Enta account and will try it out
once it switches to postpaid

....and to clarify - will that allow multiple outbound and inbound?

....and one further thought, is there a limit on number of simultaneous calls
at the provider end? Or is that a limit that has to be set at the client
end?

--
Rich

Jon Farmer

Richard Moore wrote:

> Thanks for the info Jon! Have upgraded the Enta account and will try it
> out once it switches to postpaid
>
> ...and to clarify - will that allow multiple outbound and inbound?
>
> ...and one further thought, is there a limit on number of simultaneous
> calls at the provider end? Or is that a limit that has to be set at the
> client end?

There is no limit on incoming calls at our end for either post pay or
prepaid accounts.

On prepay you are restricted to one originated call at a time. On post
pay you there is no restriction. Of course there is a limitation in
terms of what the CPE can handle or your available bandwidth.

Regards

Jon