Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > BT in FTTH "first"

BT in FTTH "first"

alexd

Robin Fairbairns wrote:

> Eeyore <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>Sunil Sood wrote:
>>
>>> BT has announced a ground-breaking fibre to the home (FTTH) deal with UK
>>> real estate investment trust Land Securities and British Sky
>>> Broadcasting.

>>Whay *exactly* is ground-breaking about this ?

> probably, that it's the first _service_ for fibre to the home, in this
> country.

Just on Monday I was reading the Wikipedia entry [1] on FTTH, and noticed
that the UK wasn't among the countries listed with active FTTH deployments.
I was going to post to uk.telecom.broadband whinging about it, but it looks
like BT have ****ed on my chips

> i knew it made sense

Yeah, and I expect in the UK we'll just continue to mess about with slowly
edging fibre towards the premises with the likes of VDSL.

18:41:14 up 5 days, 10:28, 2 users, load average: 0.23, 0.16, 0.10
Yes. I'm just guessing.

[1] Yeah. I know.

Sunil Sood

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Feb 7, 5:16 pm, "Sunil Sood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> BT has announced a ground-breaking fibre to the home (FTTH) deal with UK
>> real estate investment trust Land Securities and British Sky
>> Broadcasting.
>>
>> The use of FTTH technology at Ebbsfleet Valley - the largest private
>> developer-led community scheme to be undertaken in the UK - will be a
>> first
>> of its kind for the UK residential market on a mass scale.

> I have been involved in projects like this in Denmark. Would it be
> possible for me to contact you to share some of my knowledge in this
> field ?

If you wish - my email address is valid.

Regards
Sunil