Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voip adaptor?

Voip adaptor?

The Last Outpost

Hi,

I have been looking into a Voip adaptor for a friend who wises to use
he's sipgage number via a normal phone. I found this one on the PC
world site: http://tinyurl.com/ynoqx6 which mentions Vonage.

My question is does anyone know if this would work with the Sipgate
system and if not can anyone suggest an alternative.

TIA

Lee

Ivor Jones

"The Last Outpost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com
> Hi,
>
> I have been looking into a Voip adaptor for a friend who
> wises to use he's sipgage number via a normal phone. I
> found this one on the PC world site:
> http://tinyurl.com/ynoqx6 which mentions Vonage.
>
> My question is does anyone know if this would work with
> the Sipgate system and if not can anyone suggest an
> alternative.
>
> TIA
>
> Lee

Equipment supplied by or for Vonage tends to be locked to Vonage. It may
be possible to unlock it but I couldn't tell you personally.

Sipgate do sell stuff on their website but most of it can probably be
obtained elsewhere as well. The site does have configuration information
for all the devices they sell though.

Ivor

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh The Last Outpost:
> Hi,
>
> I have been looking into a Voip adaptor for a friend who wises to use
> he's sipgage number via a normal phone. I found this one on the PC
> world site: http://tinyurl.com/ynoqx6 which mentions Vonage.
>
> My question is does anyone know if this would work with the Sipgate
> system and if not can anyone suggest an alternative.
>
> TIA
>
> Lee

Locked to Vonage.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/327235...searchsource=0

Have an ATA.

The Last Outpost

On Feb 5, 2:07 pm, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

> > My question is does anyone know if this would work with the Sipgate
> > system and if not can anyone suggest an alternative.

> Locked to Vonage.
>
> http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/327235...archstring=zoo...

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

Well my m'8 ordered the item from the URL above which arrived this
morning and it now working fine apart from inbound CLI but that's not
much of a problem so not too bothered about that unless there is an
easy fix?

Anyway thanks again.

Lee.