Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Vonage Help required

Vonage Help required

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Carl Waring:
> Jono wrote:
>> Carl Waring expressed precisely :
>>> I'm just coming to the end of my first month with Vonage and
>>> although service is excellent, I'm only getting half-duplex call
>>> connections. In other words, the called party can always hear me,
>>> but I can't hear them when I'm speaking. Not sure why.

>> How can one way audio be considered excellent service?

> I'm fairly certain that I did qualify my statement.
>
> Anyway, and as an Vonage-hater I'm sure you'll love this, we've
> reached the conclusion that the ATA must be faulty.
>
> I'll try the suggestions from here first though. Thanks all.

For people who make enough phones calls and who hope to have an easy
life, Vonage serves them well.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Carl Waring

Jono wrote:
> Carl Waring brought next idea :
>> Jono wrote:
>>> Carl Waring expressed precisely :
>>>
>>> How can one way audio be considered excellent service?

>> I'm fairly certain that I did qualify my statement.
>>
>> Anyway, and as an Vonage-hater I'm sure you'll love this, we've
>> reached the conclusion that the ATA must be faulty.
>>
>> I'll try the suggestions from here first though. Thanks all.

> Who's a Vonage hater?
>
> I've never used them, so cannot comment - nor have I ever made any
> comments about Vonage.

Sorry. I think I was confusing you with someone else.

> In fact, the bit of my post you snipped pointed you towards a problem
> at your end, not at your provider's end.

Will go back and double-check stuff today.

--
Carl Waring
DigiGuide: http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495