Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Next Question!

Next Question!

Jono

Herman was thinking very hard :
> "Oldie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <uctyh.3213$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> "Herman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> (snipped)
>>>
>>> As I said I got it to work via voipcheap com. Make sure your mobile
>>> number
>>> appears as 00447.... and not as +447.... To do this you need to enter it
>>> through the softphone, NOT on the web. If my memory serves me right, you
>>> then just need to verify and set as caller ID and hey presto! It doesn't
>>> seem to work all the time on calls to mobile numbers but no problem with
>>> landlines.

>> Does it work with an ATA as well as on the softphone?
>>
>> Oldie

> Yes, but I believe you need to enter the number in the same format in one of
> the fields in the registration information. I have a Fritzbox and I put it
> in the Internet number box, and ticked the use internet number for
> registration box. IIRC Linksys/Sipura terminology for these two fields is
> AuthID and use AuthID.

Well, bugger me. Thank you for making me revisit this.

I have now got it woking with asterisk.

In FreePBX/AMP, in the outbound trunk settings:

allow=ulaw&alaw
authuser=username
disallow=all
dtmfmode=rfc2833
fromdomain=voipcheap.com
fromuser=00447973123456
host=sip.voipcheap.com
insecure=very
nat=yes
qualify=yes
secret=password
type=friend
username=username

Herman

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> Well, bugger me.

No thanks.

> Thank you for making me revisit this.

You're welcome!

Jono

Herman has brought this to us :
> "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>
>> Well, bugger me.

> No thanks.

Well, it was more an exclamation than a request, anyway.