Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VOIP Calls To Me (Part II)

VOIP Calls To Me (Part II)

Herman

news:epr58i$ota$1$(E-Mail Removed)...

> You might be interested enough to contact the company mentioned in this
> link. Any update in the information given, for example, on cost, control
> panel etc, could usefully be posted in this group.
>
> Brian.

Absolutely. If there are good value DID providers out there, it would be
worth knowing. The only one I looked at was Voxbone, but I found them too
expensive at the time. I found a multi-account ATA to be a similar cost but
more flexible.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Port Admiral Haynes:
> I have started a new thread to explain what my current set up has
> turned out to be and what I want from it.
>
> I THOUGHT I was getting a Linksys SPA 1001 BUT (long story but my son
> got it for me!) it turns out I have a Linksys PAP2.
>
> I want to use VoipDiscount as they give me 120 "Free Days" with 300
> minutes per week to Malaysia and Singapore (as well as "Free" Uk
> calls.) I say free but you have to pay 10 every 4 months for these.
>
> Anyway I have got the ATA set up and working with my VoipDiscount
> settings and made my first few calls out.
>
> To go back to my original question, how do I get calls IN to the VOIP
> phone. I now realise the VoipDiscount do not give an incoming number.
> I have registered with Sipgate and got a free number. How do I use it
> with this setup? There are two phone ports on the ATA and I could
> plug a second phone in and set that up using my Sipgate details but
> it would nice to be able to use the same phone.

Like I said the other day, there is a way for free to get a local number
and for it to ring your VoIPDiscount account, again I can't really
publish it on here, so if you eMail me I can let you know, if you remove
the spam trap I'll get the eMail.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Port Admiral Haynes

news:7mbwh.4192$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Thus spaketh Port Admiral Haynes:
>> I have started a new thread to explain what my current set up has
>> turned out to be and what I want from it.
>>
>> I THOUGHT I was getting a Linksys SPA 1001 BUT (long story but my son
>> got it for me!) it turns out I have a Linksys PAP2.
>>
>> I want to use VoipDiscount as they give me 120 "Free Days" with 300
>> minutes per week to Malaysia and Singapore (as well as "Free" Uk
>> calls.) I say free but you have to pay 10 every 4 months for these.
>>
>> Anyway I have got the ATA set up and working with my VoipDiscount
>> settings and made my first few calls out.
>>
>> To go back to my original question, how do I get calls IN to the VOIP
>> phone. I now realise the VoipDiscount do not give an incoming number.
>> I have registered with Sipgate and got a free number. How do I use it
>> with this setup? There are two phone ports on the ATA and I could
>> plug a second phone in and set that up using my Sipgate details but
>> it would nice to be able to use the same phone.

> Like I said the other day, there is a way for free to get a local number
> and for it to ring your VoIPDiscount account, again I can't really publish
> it on here, so if you eMail me I can let you know, if you remove the spam
> trap I'll get the eMail.
>

> --
> 60 day free DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
> Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/mob
> Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Email sent - many thanks

Herman

news:7mbwh.4192$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Thus spaketh Port Admiral Haynes:
>> I have started a new thread to explain what my current set up has
>> turned out to be and what I want from it.
>>
>> I THOUGHT I was getting a Linksys SPA 1001 BUT (long story but my son
>> got it for me!) it turns out I have a Linksys PAP2.
>>
>> I want to use VoipDiscount as they give me 120 "Free Days" with 300
>> minutes per week to Malaysia and Singapore (as well as "Free" Uk
>> calls.) I say free but you have to pay 10 every 4 months for these.
>>
>> Anyway I have got the ATA set up and working with my VoipDiscount
>> settings and made my first few calls out.
>>
>> To go back to my original question, how do I get calls IN to the VOIP
>> phone. I now realise the VoipDiscount do not give an incoming number.
>> I have registered with Sipgate and got a free number. How do I use it
>> with this setup? There are two phone ports on the ATA and I could
>> plug a second phone in and set that up using my Sipgate details but
>> it would nice to be able to use the same phone.

> Like I said the other day, there is a way for free to get a local number
> and for it to ring your VoIPDiscount account, again I can't really publish
> it on here, so if you eMail me I can let you know, if you remove the spam
> trap I'll get the eMail.

Go on, give us a clue, what is the key device or service that enables this.

Mike Sun

"Herman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7zqwh.65377$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Like I said the other day, there is a way for free to get a local number
>> and for it to ring your VoIPDiscount account, again I can't really
>> publish it on here, so if you eMail me I can let you know, if you remove
>> the spam trap I'll get the eMail.
>>

> Go on, give us a clue, what is the key device or service that enables
> this.

I don't think it's such a big secret - it is based on registering with
www.voxalot.com and using them to route the calls to other service
providers - for incoming and multiple outgoing providers according to your
defined dial plan. Voxalot service web site describes its features, options
and offerings.

Cheers from Mike

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Mike Sun:
> "Herman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:7zqwh.65377$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Like I said the other day, there is a way for free to get a local
>>> number and for it to ring your VoIPDiscount account, again I can't
>>> really publish it on here, so if you eMail me I can let you know,
>>> if you remove the spam trap I'll get the eMail.
>>>

>> Go on, give us a clue, what is the key device or service that enables
>> this.

> I don't think it's such a big secret - it is based on registering with
> www.voxalot.com and using them to route the calls to other service
> providers - for incoming and multiple outgoing providers according to
> your defined dial plan. Voxalot service web site describes its
> features, options and offerings.
>
> Cheers from Mike

It's not by using voxalot. So makes it a lot more reliable.

Ivor Jones

"Meggahurtz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Jc8wh.86012$(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

> I think you could be right, then I had a Dial plan I used
> which had my local std code which worked perfectly for me.
>
> Don`t know if the Dial Plan had any bearing on using the
> "*" though...

The default line switcher on the SPA-1001 is the # key.

Ivor