Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Vonage include 056 numbers?

Vonage include 056 numbers?

Anti Spam Bloke

Hi

Do Vonage include 056 numbers as part of free calls?

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Anti Spam Bloke:
> Hi
>
> Do Vonage include 056 numbers as part of free calls?

I don't know, but then I'm sure you do actually know and will post as
such shortly. You seem quite good at that.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Anti Spam Bloke

news:cquth.277$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Thus spaketh Anti Spam Bloke:
>> Hi
>>
>> Do Vonage include 056 numbers as part of free calls?

> I don't know, but then I'm sure you do actually know and will post as such
> shortly. You seem quite good at that.
>

> --
> 60 day free DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
> Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/mob
> Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

I got through to Customer Care and they said it's 10ppm. I advise them of
the BT cost...
Calls to 056 numbers are charged at the g21 rate.
Daytime 4.89p per minute
Evening 2p per minute
Weekend 1.18p per minute...

....and they said they'll look into it.

Brian

On 2007-01-23, Anti Spam Bloke <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I got through to Customer Care and they said it's 10ppm. I advise them of
> the BT cost...
> Calls to 056 numbers are charged at the g21 rate.
> Daytime 4.89p per minute
> Evening 2p per minute
> Weekend 1.18p per minute...

BT classes a call to a 056 number as a UK call. The UK call costs for BT
Together Option 1 at

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail..._together.html

differ quite considerably from those you give. What is the source of
your information?

Brian.

Jono

Brian formulated on Tuesday :
> On 2007-01-23, Anti Spam Bloke <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I got through to Customer Care and they said it's 10ppm. I advise them of
>> the BT cost...
>> Calls to 056 numbers are charged at the g21 rate.
>> Daytime 4.89p per minute
>> Evening 2p per minute
>> Weekend 1.18p per minute...

> BT classes a call to a 056 number as a UK call. The UK call costs for BT
> Together Option 1 at
>
> http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail..._together.html
>
> differ quite considerably from those you give. What is the source of
> your information?
>
> Brian.

This
<http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/0025_d0e5.htm#0025-d0e5>
shows the price group.

This
<http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/0016_d0e5.htm#0016-d0e5>
shows the prices for the groups

g21 - Calls to New Voice Services 4.888ppm inc VAT daytime.

Brian

On 2007-01-23, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Brian formulated on Tuesday :
>> BT classes a call to a 056 number as a UK call. The UK call costs for BT
>> Together Option 1 at
>>
>> http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail..._together.html
>>
>> differ quite considerably from those you give. What is the source of
>> your information?
>>
>> Brian.

> This
><http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/0025_d0e5.htm#0025-d0e5>
> shows the price group.
>
> This
><http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Call_Charges_boo/0016_d0e5.htm#0016-d0e5>
> shows the prices for the groups
>
> g21 - Calls to New Voice Services 4.888ppm inc VAT daytime.

Thanks. If I understand it correctly that is a Basic Inland Call Charge.
Being on BT Together Option 1, like many residential subscribers, is
quite an advantage compared with that rate and what Vonage charge.

Brian.

Martin Jay

In message <ep670s$nq3$1$(E-Mail Removed)>, Brian
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>On 2007-01-23, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> This
>><http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/p...harges_boo/002
>>5_d0e5.htm#0025-d0e5>
>> shows the price group.
>>
>> This
>><http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/p...harges_boo/001
>>6_d0e5.htm#0016-d0e5>
>> shows the prices for the groups
>>
>> g21 - Calls to New Voice Services 4.888ppm inc VAT daytime.

>Thanks. If I understand it correctly that is a Basic Inland Call Charge.
>Being on BT Together Option 1, like many residential subscribers, is
>quite an advantage compared with that rate and what Vonage charge.

Yep. And most of BT's residential customers are on BT Together Option 1
by default.

For customers on BT Together, confirmation that calls to numbers
beginning with 056 (g21) are charged at the same rate as calls to
geographical numbers can be found in section 55 of the BT Price List.

Presumably one reason for keeping the prices of local and national calls
at a higher rate in section 2 of the Price List is to justify the cost
of calls to revenue sharing numbers, such as 0845 and 0870.
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877

Cost to Call 056 Voip Number Gareth :-\\\) voom UK VOIP 3 11-18-2005 02:19 PM
FleXtel and 056 numbers UK VOIP 1 09-23-2005 05:34 PM
Taking the CX-310-056 exam... smveloso@gmail.com Java 0 08-11-2005 04:30 PM
Anyone using 056? UK VOIP 4 07-18-2005 08:08 PM
056 numbers with VoIP GwG UK VOIP 17 07-12-2005 07:35 PM

Advertisments