Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Read Core Dump file

Reply
Thread Tools

Read Core Dump file

 
 
ns
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-23-2005
Hi all

It's possible to configure router to send "Core Dump File" to FTP Server
when router crash. Well.

How it's possible to read "Core Dump File" ?

Thank You very much

Best Regards
NS


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Hansang Bae
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2005
ns wrote:

> Hi all
>
> It's possible to configure router to send "Core Dump File" to FTP
> Server when router crash. Well.
>
> How it's possible to read "Core Dump File" ?
>
> Thank You very much



You can always try:

exception core-file FILENAME_HERE
exception protocol ftp
exception dump IP_ADDR_HERE

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/...ts_command_ref
erence_chapter09186a0080444b9c.html

for more info.

--

hsb


"Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding" Calvin
**************************ROT13 MY ADDRESS*************************
Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not not be able to
reply to emails sent to my account. Please post a followup instead.
************************************************** ******************
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ns
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2005
Hi all,

Thank You Hansang for your answer.

I have the core dump file. I juste need to know how can read it !?
The core dump file is binnary format. What's tool can i use to read it or
convert it in text format ?

Thank You very much
NS


"Hansang Bae" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:yTwke.14335$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ns wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > It's possible to configure router to send "Core Dump File" to FTP
> > Server when router crash. Well.
> >
> > How it's possible to read "Core Dump File" ?
> >
> > Thank You very much

>
>
> You can always try:
>
> exception core-file FILENAME_HERE
> exception protocol ftp
> exception dump IP_ADDR_HERE
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/...ts_command_ref
> erence_chapter09186a0080444b9c.html
>
> for more info.
>
> --
>
> hsb
>
>
> "Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding" Calvin
> **************************ROT13 MY ADDRESS*************************
> Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not not be able to
> reply to emails sent to my account. Please post a followup instead.
> ************************************************** ******************



 
Reply With Quote
 
Aaron Leonard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2005
On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:25:06 +0200, "ns" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

~ Hi all,
~
~ Thank You Hansang for your answer.
~
~ I have the core dump file. I juste need to know how can read it !?
~ The core dump file is binnary format. What's tool can i use to read it or
~ convert it in text format ?

od ?

Aaron

---

~
~ Thank You very much
~ NS
~
~
~ "Hansang Bae" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
~ news:yTwke.14335$(E-Mail Removed)...
~ > ns wrote:
~ >
~ > > Hi all
~ > >
~ > > It's possible to configure router to send "Core Dump File" to FTP
~ > > Server when router crash. Well.
~ > >
~ > > How it's possible to read "Core Dump File" ?
~ > >
~ > > Thank You very much
~ >
~ >
~ > You can always try:
~ >
~ > exception core-file FILENAME_HERE
~ > exception protocol ftp
~ > exception dump IP_ADDR_HERE
~ >
~ > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/...ts_command_ref
~ > erence_chapter09186a0080444b9c.html
~ >
~ > for more info.
~ >
~ > --
~ >
~ > hsb
~ >
~ >
~ > "Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding" Calvin
~ > **************************ROT13 MY ADDRESS*************************
~ > Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not not be able to
~ > reply to emails sent to my account. Please post a followup instead.
~ > ************************************************** ******************
~

 
Reply With Quote
 
Hansang Bae
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005
ns wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thank You Hansang for your answer.
>
> I have the core dump file. I juste need to know how can read it !?
> The core dump file is binnary format. What's tool can i use to read
> it or convert it in text format ?



No idea if there is readable info in there. But if you wanted to
extract the ASCII out of it, I guess you can use any Unix tools
available or use a decent editor like vi/vim or UltraEdit-32.


--

hsb


"Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding" Calvin
**************************ROT13 MY ADDRESS*************************
Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not not be able to
reply to emails sent to my account. Please post a followup instead.
************************************************** ******************
 
Reply With Quote
 
ns
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005
Hi all,

VI seem not able to read this file...
I can open file with UtraEdit but data are in binary format.
i use the command "od" under Unix and i have a big output file with part of
this :

0000000 110140 000240 076150 001246 110140 000250 110200 000244
0000020 076172 001246 110140 000254 076173 001246 110140 000260
0000040 044000 000005 076200 000246 050144 003266 076233 001646
0000060 076210 001246 034144 177734 100203 000360 076232 001646
0000100 046000 000144 036200 100351 034204 021230 110004 000010
0000120 110044 000014 110104 000020 036040 100351 034041 032474
0000140 076260 041646 036240 100315 100245 165024 110144 000000
0000160 076177 041246 052143 102076 110144 000004 076140 000046
0000200 110144 000220 076141 001246 110144 000234 100145 000250
0000220 110144 000224 076151 001246 110144 000230 100145 000254
0000240 000000 000001 064426 173520 100073 133344 100073 137124
0000260 000000 110062 135335 126735 135335 126735 135335 126735
0000300 135335 126735 135335 126735 135335 126735 135335 126735
*
0000360 100073 064644 135335 126735 135335 126735 135335 126735
0000400 110140 000240 076150 001246 110140 000250 110200 000244
0000420 076172 001246 110140 000254 076173 001246 110140 000260
0000440 044000 000005 076200 000246 050144 003266 076233 001646
0000460 076210 001246 034144 177734 100203 000360 076232 001646
0000500 046000 000144 036200 100351 034204 021230 110004 000010
0000520 110044 000014 110104 000020 036040 100351 034041 032474
0000540 076260 041646 036240 100315 100245 165024 110144 000000

What can i do with this output ?

Thanks a lot
NS


"Hansang Bae" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:IGPke.135$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ns wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Thank You Hansang for your answer.
> >
> > I have the core dump file. I juste need to know how can read it !?
> > The core dump file is binnary format. What's tool can i use to read
> > it or convert it in text format ?

>
>
> No idea if there is readable info in there. But if you wanted to
> extract the ASCII out of it, I guess you can use any Unix tools
> available or use a decent editor like vi/vim or UltraEdit-32.
>
>
> --
>
> hsb
>
>
> "Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding" Calvin
> **************************ROT13 MY ADDRESS*************************
> Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not not be able to
> reply to emails sent to my account. Please post a followup instead.
> ************************************************** ******************



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob Goddard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005
ns wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> VI seem not able to read this file...
> I can open file with UtraEdit but data are in binary format.
> i use the command "od" under Unix and i have a big output file with
> part of this :

[...]

HSB means to use "strings" on it first and possibly pipe it through
"sort" and "uniq".


B
 
Reply With Quote
 
ns
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-25-2005
Yes !!!!!

I can read the core file with command strings !! great !!

But now, am hesitate to apply configuration to export core dump to ftp
server.

Does someone enable exporting core dump file to FTP server and what is your
experiences ?

ThankYou very much
NS


"Bob Goddard" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le
message de news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ns wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > VI seem not able to read this file...
> > I can open file with UtraEdit but data are in binary format.
> > i use the command "od" under Unix and i have a big output file with
> > part of this :

> [...]
>
> HSB means to use "strings" on it first and possibly pipe it through
> "sort" and "uniq".
>
>
> B



 
Reply With Quote
 
Hansang Bae
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2005
ns wrote:

> Yes !!!!!
> I can read the core file with command strings !! great !!
> But now, am hesitate to apply configuration to export core dump to ftp
> server.
> Does someone enable exporting core dump file to FTP server and what
> is your experiences ?



Sorry, I should have been more clear when I said use "any Unix tools"
I prefaced it with "if you want to read ascii" and I assumed you would
know what I meant. But I digress.

Typically, it doesn't buy you much. I can think of one or two times
where we sent the dump file to Cisco, but that's pretty much it.

--

hsb


"Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding" Calvin
**************************ROT13 MY ADDRESS*************************
Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not not be able to
reply to emails sent to my account. Please post a followup instead.
************************************************** ******************
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dump complete java VM state as core dump (not via OS) possible? halfdog Java 12 02-21-2013 06:14 AM
How to identify the exe file associated with core dump mthread C++ 5 02-07-2010 12:11 AM
Linux, extracing symbol table to read core dump Johannes Bauer C Programming 2 11-08-2007 06:01 PM
Core Solo & Core Duo are not Core microarchitecture; 65nm Pentium M chips bigal Hardware 0 03-22-2006 11:24 AM
Core dump while accessing contents from Memory Mapped File nkrisraj@gmail.com C Programming 8 01-10-2006 07:58 PM



Advertisments