Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Anyone using Vonage?

Anyone using Vonage?

Rob

<(E-Mail Removed)-ip.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I don''t think many people make enough calls to cover the cost of a BT
> or Telewest line to cover the cost for that matter Ivor but they still
> have them .

At present, probably the majority of people in the country who want a
landline connection don't have a choice whether they pay in some form to
rent a BT line.

Rob

Richie Wachter

Yes, I have had vonage for almost 2 years and have loved it every since.

"John Orrett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yM2sh.96882$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Hi all, a friend of mine was thinking of getting Vonage to replace his
> normal Telewest service.
> I've done a bit of Googling, but wonder whether anyone has any comments,
> good or bad.
> Thanks,
> John

John Orrett

Richie Wachter wrote:
> Yes, I have had vonage for almost 2 years and have loved it every since.
>
> "John Orrett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:yM2sh.96882$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>> Hi all, a friend of mine was thinking of getting Vonage to replace his
>> normal Telewest service.
>> I've done a bit of Googling, but wonder whether anyone has any comments,
>> good or bad.
>> Thanks,
>> John

Thanks for the feedback Richie,
Regards,
John

Fred

"John Orrett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Vxtvh.192724$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk...
> Richie Wachter wrote:
>> Yes, I have had vonage for almost 2 years and have loved it every since.
>>
>> "John Orrett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:yM2sh.96882$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>>> Hi all, a friend of mine was thinking of getting Vonage to replace his
>>> normal Telewest service.
>>> I've done a bit of Googling, but wonder whether anyone has any comments,
>>> good or bad.
>>> Thanks,
>>> John

> Thanks for the feedback Richie,
> Regards,
> John

Hi
I have been using Vonage via telewest for a while now and unfortunately its
a mixed bag. Most of the time call quality is good but sometimes it falls
over for no apparent reason resulting in echo/pops/clicks.
Fred.

Carl Waring

"John Orrett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yM2sh.96882$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Hi all, a friend of mine was thinking of getting Vonage to replace his
> normal Telewest service.
> I've done a bit of Googling, but wonder whether anyone has any comments,
> good or bad.
> Thanks,
> John

I've just joined NTL but this would all apply to TW too; especially as
they're all merged and Virgin-ised now anyway ;-D

Get Vonage!! Simple-as.

Cost of TW/BT phone line = £11 PLUS CALLS
Cost of Vonage = £7.99 INCLUDING STANDARD (01) CALLS

Okay, the first month is a little more expensive but I "did the maths" and
it works out around 50% cheaper than a TW phone line.

--
Carl Waring
DigiGuide: http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495

John Clavox

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:58:49 GMT, "Carl Waring"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Get Vonage!! Simple-as.
>
>Cost of TW/BT phone line = £11 PLUS CALLS
>Cost of Vonage = £7.99 INCLUDING STANDARD (01) CALLS
>
>Okay, the first month is a little more expensive but I "did the maths" and
>it works out around 50% cheaper than a TW phone line.

And if you are only making one or two calls a day it is far cheaper to
buy an ATA and use someone like voipfone or UK voip who both charge
1.99 a month for a geographical number pr month a fiver cheaper than
Vonage.Vonage is ok if you have the " work" for it but otherwise it is
damned expensive compared with other voip services available in the
UK .

Anyone Carry Gear on Lufthansa Air? Bill? Roger? Anyone? :) Mark≤ Digital Photography 34 05-20-2006 11:16 AM
Anyone who posts for Help in Here needs Intellix - Anyone providing Help Applicable Also Ditto21 Computer Support 8 02-18-2006 04:27 AM
Anyone?? Anyone at all?? JDS HTML 2 09-29-2005 07:10 PM
Anyone know anyone in Toronto Canada that will write your Mcsa Exams MonkeyMunx Microsoft Certification 17 01-05-2004 03:37 PM
Anyone? Anyone? Steve Williams Python 0 09-16-2003 03:26 AM

Advertisments