Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voip

Paul Hanson

Hi there,

Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month you can make one
one hour call for free and if you ring back after that you can have another
hour free. It is cheap so that is good.

--
Regards Paul Hanson

Brian A

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:52:04 -0000, "Paul Hanson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month you can make one
>one hour call for free and if you ring back after that you can have another
>hour free. It is cheap so that is good.

I pay 2p/call. That means, for that money, I could make 247
calls/month or average approximately 8 calls per day.
If you are only allowed ONE, one hour call, inclusive, in that what
is the 4.95 for ?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

speckled hen

Brian A wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:52:04 -0000, "Paul Hanson"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi there,
> >
> >Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month you can make one
> >one hour call for free and if you ring back after that you can have another
> >hour free. It is cheap so that is good.

> I pay 2p/call. That means, for that money, I could make 247
> calls/month or average approximately 8 calls per day.
> If you are only allowed ONE, one hour call, inclusive, in that what
> is the 4.95 for ?
>
> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

No you have misunderstood, you can make as many calls as you want
(O1,02) not mobiles or 08xxx but each call that goes over the 1hour
will be charged.
I tell my family its 3/4 hr so by the time they say their goodbyes the
hour would be up.

Ian Pawson

Paul Hanson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month you can make one
> one hour call for free and if you ring back after that you can have another
> hour free. It is cheap so that is good.

But you get exactly the same service from voip.co.uk for 1.99 per
month, so the BT offering is more than twice the price!!!!

pappa1928@luukku.com

Hi,

You could also want to check competition on VOIP from
http://www.speedtest-online.co.uk/ by typing voip onto search box at
home page to see your options. Hoping this will help...pappa

PS. Despite the fact that I bought BT.A shares from FTSE today and
naturally would like to their price to go up I think it is always good
to compare prices before making any kind of financial commitment...p

N.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:40:16 GMT, Ian Pawson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Paul Hanson wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month you can make one
>> one hour call for free and if you ring back after that you can have another
>> hour free. It is cheap so that is good.
>>

>But you get exactly the same service from voip.co.uk for 1.99 per
>month, so the BT offering is more than twice the price!!!!

And LESS than half the price of a fixed line from BT and three pounds
cheaper than Vonage . If you want quality you have to pay for it end
of story .

Phil Thompson

On 11 Jan 2007 04:40:44 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>You could also want to check competition on VOIP from

a spammer trying to sell a site. No thanks. Report filed.

Phil

No more cable clowns )

Ivor Jones

"Paul Hanson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Hi there,
>
> Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month
> you can make one one hour call for free and if you ring
> back after that you can have another hour free. It is
> cheap so that is good.

So you're saying that if I pay 4.95 a month I can make free calls..?

Hmm, the word "oxymoron" springs to mind.....

Ivor

N.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:35:32 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Paul Hanson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>message news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month
>> you can make one one hour call for free and if you ring
>> back after that you can have another hour free. It is
>> cheap so that is good.

>So you're saying that if I pay 4.95 a month I can make free calls..?
>
>Hmm, the word "oxymoron" springs to mind.....
>

>Ivor

The 4.95 is line rental Ivor nothing at all to do with call charges .

Harry Stottle

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:35:32 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"Paul Hanson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>message news:(E-Mail Removed)
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month
>>> you can make one one hour call for free and if you ring
>>> back after that you can have another hour free. It is
>>> cheap so that is good.

>>So you're saying that if I pay 4.95 a month I can make free calls..?
>>
>>Hmm, the word "oxymoron" springs to mind.....
>>

> The 4.95 is line rental Ivor nothing at all to do with call charges .

Line rental, how many times can they charge for that per month?
Remove the 'oxy', and a more appropriate word appears.