Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > SIP software for MDA Vario?

SIP software for MDA Vario?

Anti Spam Bloke

x-posted to: uk.telecom.mobile

I have an MDA Vario (http://www.coolsmartphone.com/article479.html) and am
trying to find software that will allow it to make/receive calls over WiLan
using SIP.

There's an old release of software I spotted called the SJPhone
(http://www.skype-news.com/item/?x=546720 ), but I don't believe it will
work with the hardware, as I'm not using any of the advertised PDA
platforms.

Many thanks

ale.cx

On Jan 1, 11:05 pm, "Anti Spam Bloke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> There's an old release of software I spotted called the SJPhone
> (http://www.skype-news.com/item/?x=546720), but I don't believe it will
> work with the hardware, as I'm not using any of the advertised PDA
> platforms.

What happened when you tried?

alexd

Anti Spam Bloke

"ale.cx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Jan 1, 11:05 pm, "Anti Spam Bloke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> There's an old release of software I spotted called the SJPhone
>> (http://www.skype-news.com/item/?x=546720), but I don't believe it will
>> work with the hardware, as I'm not using any of the advertised PDA
>> platforms.

> What happened when you tried?
>
> alexd

It wouldn't install for me.

hairydog@despammed.com

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 23:05:38 -0000, "Anti Spam Bloke"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>There's an old release of software I spotted called the SJPhone

The WM5 beta of SJPhone works fine on my HX4700 (well, for a short
while: it seems to clobber battery life and makes the whole PDA get a
bit warm)

I'd expect that it would work on your Vario.

--

Iain
the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones