Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Finarea (18185, 1899, 18866) Should Offer 07744 Access

Finarea (18185, 1899, 18866) Should Offer 07744 Access

fgfgbgbg@googlemail.com

Finarea (18185, 1899, 18866) are missing a trick by not offering a
07744 access number. They currently offer the 18185, 1899, and 18866
Carrier Selection numbers for BT lines, and 0800 and 0208 numbers for
access from non BT landlines and from mobiles. 07744 access numbers can
be used out of inclusive mobile minutes for Orange, T-Mobile and Virgin
customers (while o2 customers have inclusive 0870, so a 0870 access
number would also be useful). 07744 numbers provide revenue, which can
then be used to provide calls to overseas (or to UK 0870 and 0845
numbers), allowing customers to make international calls or 0870 and
0845 calls out of their inclusive mobile minutes. However, for many
international destinations (particularly mobile phones and less
developed countries) 07744 numbers either provide insufficient revenue
to provide the service, or only allow it at peak times - when the
numbers are able to charge the highest termination charges (07744
numbers follow mobile numbers in their peak, evening and weekend
charging structure).

With Finarea already having the telecom infrastructure, online customer
management, and billing facilities they are in an ideal position to
save their customers money, gain market share, and make more profit by
offering 07744 access numbers. With their billing facilities they can
offer all destinations 24/7 by allowing revenue from the 07744 number
to be topped up by invoiced charges (taken from debit/credit card or
direct debit - as Finarea currently do). A tariff message would come
up before they are connected to their destination number saying how
much, if any, was to be charged to their invoice.

If Finarea want to make it even better, and more complex, they could
allow customers to accumulate credit (deducted from their invoice) when
using the 07744 access number to make calls to cheap numbers (e.g. UK
landlines or the USA) - since revenue from 07744 more than surpasses
the cost of placing the call. More controversially they could also
allow customers to call the 07744 access number, not call any
destination, but just accumulate credit on to their account. Maybe if a
customer was more than say 10 in credit, they could have the option
of having it credited to their debit/credit card, or put into their
bank account.

Because the 07744 charging structure changes with peak rate, off peak,
and weekend, it might necessary to briefly include a tariff message mid
phone call (audible only to the caller, with the receiver hearing
something like "We will reconnect the call shortly").
Alternatively, it might be better to abandon tariff messages
altogether.

Links:
07744 access number providers:
http://www.yourcallworld.com/
http://www.planetcalling.com/
Finarea:
http://www.1899.com/
http://www.18185.co.uk/
http://www.call18866.co.uk/

Tricky

On 31 Dec 2006 11:55:29 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Finarea (18185, 1899, 18866) are missing a trick ...

Finarea are not missing a trick - they use every trick in the book to
confuse users. They wouldn't be interested in your 07744 suggestion as
that would be too simple and it would be more difficult to play their
usual tricks.

Lem

On 31 Dec 2006, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> [...]
> invoice) when using the 07744 access number to make calls to cheap
> numbers (e.g. UK landlines or the USA) - since revenue from 07744
> more than surpasses the cost of placing the call. More
> controversially they could also allow customers to call the 07744
> access number, not call any destination, but just accumulate credit
> on to their account. Maybe if a customer was more than say 10 in
> credit, they could have the option of having it credited to their
> debit/credit card, or put into their bank account.
>
> Because the 07744 charging structure changes with peak rate, off
> peak, and weekend, it might necessary to briefly include a tariff
> message mid phone call (audible only to the caller, with the
> receiver hearing something like "We will reconnect the call
> shortly"). Alternatively, it might be better to abandon tariff

Nice post but there is almost no chance Finarea is listening. Like
Tricky says, Fiarea are already dodging and diving with the skill of a
master.

See if you can get your payment tracked to FInarea through LIMMIT (part
of BoS but in Cambridgeshire). No chance.

NoNeedToKnow

On 01 Jan 2007, Lem <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Nice post but there is almost no chance Finarea is listening. Like Tricky
>says, Finarea are already dodging and diving with the skill of a master.

I don't know whether "their usual tricks" (from Tricky's post) apply only
to mobile users but I don't feel they've been "dodging and diving" at all.

As a customer for some years now, I'm very happy with the service I get,
though must note I don't call mobiles and don't use their VoIP service,
just dial a prefix and get billed a low amount every couple of months.

--
E-petition the PM to: hold a public referendum on the introduction
of the National Identity Register and associated Identity Cards.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/IDreferendum/

Guy

> I don't know whether "their usual tricks" (from Tricky's post) apply only
> to mobile users but I don't feel they've been "dodging and diving" at all.
>
> As a customer for some years now, I'm very happy with the service I get,
> though must note I don't call mobiles and don't use their VoIP service,
> just dial a prefix and get billed a low amount every couple of months.

Likewise, I use their services with a dialler box prefixing the access code
on all calls and all I've seen is a marked reduction in my call costs .

I'm unaware of any of their "usual tricks" (whatever they are)
disadvantaging me ??

Tricky

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:06:53 GMT, Guy wrote:

>I'm unaware of any of their "usual tricks" (whatever they are)
>disadvantaging me ??

The trick is to keep setting up "new" brands regularly and changing
the rules frequently so as to confuse the users and not to reply to
email.

Aaron B

"Tricky" <"=?x-user-defined?Q? @ ?="> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:06:53 GMT, Guy wrote:
>
>>I'm unaware of any of their "usual tricks" (whatever they are)
>>disadvantaging me ??

> The trick is to keep setting up "new" brands regularly and changing
> the rules frequently so as to confuse the users and not to reply to
> email.

They've replied to all the emails I've sent them.
As to changing brands, well the very nice people at saynoto0870 keep me up
to date on when to change between brands.

Fans of Finarea ( lol - More like some useful links to info about Finarea) News Reader UK VOIP 5 09-13-2006 05:06 PM
Special Offer....!!!! Obtian CCNA+CCNP Without Exams In 10 Days(100% Passing Gaurantee)...HURRY UP...!!!!....Limited Time Offer...!!!!!! mcsd_exams@yahoo.com Cisco 0 07-28-2006 11:29 AM
Finarea diferent "brands" - any perceptible technical diference?? BigBen VOIP 8 03-13-2006 04:29 PM
new from Finarea Cezar UK VOIP 9 02-20-2006 09:55 AM
Finarea >>> Betamax paul123 UK VOIP 10 01-08-2006 12:23 PM

Advertisments