Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voip stunt

Voip stunt

Nigel

Hi,

I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??

I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.

I only want to spend about 30 to 40.

thank-you.

Nigel
--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Nigel

Sorry forget to say a cordless usb phone!!

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Nigel:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??
>
> I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.
>
> I only want to spend about 30 to 40.
>
> thank-you.
>
> Nigel

In what way didn't it work?

All these USB things are is a piece of plastic shaped like a phone with
a soundcard, mic and speaker in them, so the audio will work once you
tell the software phone to use that audio device. If it has a keypad
then you may need drivers for them.

The Tesco 'phone' available for a few quid will work with the drivers
downloaded from http://www.yealink.com/en/otherdown.asp

Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Nigel:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??
>
> I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.
>
> I only want to spend about 30 to 40.
>
> thank-you.
>
> Nigel

How about an ATA and using a proper DECT cordless phone?

http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/prod...faf896345d2c45

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3272352/-/Product.html

Requires a router, but then doesn't require the computer to be on to
make and receive calls.

I use a PAP2 ATA with VoIPStunt and Sipgate.

Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Brian A

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:46:17 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

>Thus spaketh Nigel:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??
>>
>> I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.
>>
>> I only want to spend about 30 to 40.
>>
>> thank-you.
>>
>> Nigel

>How about an ATA and using a proper DECT cordless phone?
>
>http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/prod...faf896345d2c45
>
>http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3272352/-/Product.html
>
>Requires a router, but then doesn't require the computer to be on to
>make and receive calls.
>
>I use a PAP2 ATA with VoIPStunt and Sipgate.

or an SPA-1001 @ $37.60 inc VAT
http://tinyurl.com/ydw9fu
2 VoIP phone lines terminate to one set of handsets.
Similar to the PAP2 but the PAP2 has 2 distinctive lines.
Any of these solutions don't require a computer to be on - you can
connect any ordinary phone, DECT or otherwise.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

dj

In message <emu6vo$gs2$(E-Mail Removed)>, Nigel <(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>Hi,
>
>I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??
>
>I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.
>
>I only want to spend about 30 to 40.
>
>thank-you.
>
>Nigel

Try this link :-
http://tinyurl.com/yfkox8

--
DJ

Nigel

Hi . happy New year.

Thanks for all your reply. I do know about the ATA devices but I need a new
phone any way, so I thought a new cordless usb phone would work out cheaper.

http://tinyurl.com/yfkox8 - will this work with Voip stunt??

thanks.

Nigel

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Herman

"Nigel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:enadet$7vj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi . happy New year.
>
> Thanks for all your reply. I do know about the ATA devices but I need a
> new
> phone any way, so I thought a new cordless usb phone would work out
> cheaper.
>

> http://tinyurl.com/yfkox8 - will this work with Voip stunt??
>

> thanks.
>
> Nigel

Pretty sure this would not be compatible with VOIPStunt. You might be able
to get basic audio working on it with something like an X-Lite soft phone
but I am not at all sure that the additional functionality such as dialling
from the handset, Caller display, etc would work.

Why not a cheap DECT handset such as http://tinyurl.com/ylpsvq and an ATA
such as http://tinyurl.com/ydj27q?

http://tinyurl.com/yhnro8 also looks interesting, but I don't have any
experience of this and you will need a free ethernet port somewhere.

Although you won't find many people on this group (including myself) that
rate Skype as a replacement telephone service, if you are insistent that it
has to be a cordless USB phone, and are happy to accept that the computer
must be switched on to make a call, then Skype is the logical solution. I
won't repeat various historical threads about the other disadvantages of
Skype.

You could also go for a WiFi phone, but these are still far too expensive
and do not look sexy either IMHO.

Paul

dj wrote:
> In message <emu6vo$gs2$(E-Mail Removed)>, Nigel <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??
>>
>> I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.
>>
>> I only want to spend about 30 to 40.
>>
>> thank-you.
>>
>> Nigel

> Try this link :-
> http://tinyurl.com/yfkox8

that's a Skype phone, it wont work with Voipstunt.

The Siemens C460IP that someone else linked to earlier on is a SIP phone
and should work fine with Voipstunt.

cheers,
Paul.