Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > SIP ADSL Router

SIP ADSL Router

Peter Downes

Can anybody recommend a SIP aware ADSL router that will allow VoIP traffic
to and from the private internal network?

Jono

Peter Downes wrote :
> Can anybody recommend a SIP aware ADSL router that will allow VoIP traffic
> to and from the private internal network?

The VoIP firmware that can be had here
<http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads.php> is excellent.

Have a look at the docs to see which routers you can use it with. Pay
particular attention to model numbers & version numbers, though - the
newer Linksys models in most UK shops don't have enough memory to
support the third party firmware.

Ivor Jones

"Peter Downes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Can anybody recommend a SIP aware ADSL router that will
> allow VoIP traffic to and from the private internal
> network?

Assuming the network you are connecting to has a fixed IP address, I would
have thought most would work. I have an AVM Fritz!Box Fon connected to a
private Asterisk system that seems to work quite well.

Ivor

Tim

Peter Downes wrote:
> Can anybody recommend a SIP aware ADSL router that will allow VoIP traffic
> to and from the private internal network?

Intertex has a full SIP server on board that can bridge the gap.

But, something as clever as the Intertex isn't needed for simple
applications. Most SIP service providers deploy Session Border
Controllers. These make the voice traffic symmetric and so it will go
in fine for most simple NAT devices.

Tim

Peter Gradwell

Peter Downes wrote:
> Can anybody recommend a SIP aware ADSL router that will allow VoIP traffic
> to and from the private internal network?

we're fond of the speedtouch 780.

cheers
peter

adsl router to adsl router czar Cisco 2 05-01-2007 05:42 AM
Setting up an ADSL modem router with a wrielss router =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZTMxMTA=?= Wireless Networking 0 04-11-2006 02:04 PM
Sweex ADSL Annex-A wired ADSL Router Switch Alex Clarke Computer Support 2 10-15-2005 11:34 PM
ADSL router as ATA without ADSL bit? Adam Aglionby UK VOIP 2 08-24-2005 12:07 AM

Advertisments