Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > voip.co.uk - billing now sorted

voip.co.uk - billing now sorted

Linker3000

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:09:44 +0000, Bypass <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved
>>> the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with
>>> all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
>>> additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
>>>
>>> Good on them.

> I was chuffed to get the same email.
>>
>> Now dump it and get Skype
>>

> Does anyone know where the killfile is in Thunderbird?

Select the newsgroup OR the name of your news server (for a global
filter) then..

Tools...Message Filters

Tony

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:51:35 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) said in
article <(E-Mail Removed)>:

>I can see why you conceal your identity when posting.

.... and your name and address is?

hairydog@despammed.com

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:07:26 +0000, Tony <@> wrote:

>... and your name and address is?

.... easily available from my website.

Next question?

hairydog@despammed.com

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:13:01 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>And I can see why you hide your ID

Nope. Don't hide anything.

>you re so ashamed that you need an
>entire newsgroup in an attempt to get VOIP to work properly

Nope. Works fine for me, and has done for way over a year.

>yet Skype
>works in seconds with no problems

Yes, it is dead easy to install, and even my mum could use it. But
she's not into nerd-nerd networking.

Ivor Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:13:01 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > And I can see why you hide your ID

> Nope. Don't hide anything.
>
> > you re so ashamed that you need an
> > entire newsgroup in an attempt to get VOIP to work
> > properly

> Nope. Works fine for me, and has done for way over a year.
>
> > yet Skype
> > works in seconds with no problems

> Yes, it is dead easy to install, and even my mum could
> use it. But she's not into nerd-nerd networking.

And I'm not into letting other people steal the bandwidth *I* pay for.

Ivor

Brian

On 2006-12-24, Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:13:01 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> > And I can see why you hide your ID

>> Nope. Don't hide anything.
>>
>> > you re so ashamed that you need an entire newsgroup in an attempt
>> > to get VOIP to work properly

>> Nope. Works fine for me, and has done for way over a year.
>>
>> > yet Skype works in seconds with no problems

>> Yes, it is dead easy to install, and even my mum could use it. But
>> she's not into nerd-nerd networking.

> And I'm not into letting other people steal the bandwidth *I* pay for.

You have a strange idea of what constitutes theft.

Brian.

Ivor Jones

news:emrrmd$js3$1$(E-Mail Removed)
> On 2006-12-24, Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[snip]

> > And I'm not into letting other people steal the
> > bandwidth *I* pay for.

> You have a strange idea of what constitutes theft.

Other people using *my* monthly allocation isn't theft..? What is it
then..?

Ivor

Brian

On 2006-12-26, Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:emrrmd$js3$1$(E-Mail Removed)
>> On 2006-12-24, Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> [snip]
>
>> > And I'm not into letting other people steal the bandwidth *I* pay
>> > for.

>> You have a strange idea of what constitutes theft.

> Other people using *my* monthly allocation isn't theft..? What is it
> then..?

The context is Skype. Being donated bandwidth is what its operation
depends on. How does theft come into it?

Brian.

Ivor Jones

news:emshph$i1c$1$(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

> > > You have a strange idea of what constitutes theft.

> > Other people using *my* monthly allocation isn't
> > theft..? What is it then..?

> The context is Skype. Being donated bandwidth is what its
> operation depends on. How does theft come into it?

I am paying for the bandwidth of my connection. I do not give Skype
permission to use it. If they do, then it is theft.

Ivor

Herman

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:emshph$i1c$1$(E-Mail Removed)
>
> [snip]

>> > Other people using *my* monthly allocation isn't
>> > theft..? What is it then..?

>> The context is Skype. Being donated bandwidth is what its
>> operation depends on. How does theft come into it?

> I am paying for the bandwidth of my connection. I do not give Skype
> permission to use it. If they do, then it is theft.
>
> Ivor

Much as I do not use Skype, because of its limited use for me, a user who
signs up for its service HAS to accept all the legal T&Cs, such as:

http://www.skype.com/company/legal/eula/index.html

Article 4 Utilization of Your computer
4.1 Utilization of Your computer. You hereby acknowledge that the Skype
Software may utilize the processor and bandwidth of the computer (or other
applicable device) You are utilizing, for the limited purpose of
facilitating the communication between Skype Software users.

By definition, having consented to this, it is not theft. If you consider
it unfair, don't use their service. Some people are happy to accept this
because of the overall benefits to them. Market forces and all that...