Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > voip.co.uk - billing now sorted

voip.co.uk - billing now sorted

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:51:35 +0000, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:01:06 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>Now dump it and get Skype

>Excellent idea. Pay more for a feature-deficient product from a single
>supplier, get worse quality and be locked into a sandbox where you can
>make free calls only through a nerd-nerd network.
>
>I can see why you conceal your identity when posting.

We are all entitled to have companies that we like or dislike,
there is only one which I dislike intensely and would love to see
disappear of the face of the earth .

Ian Pawson

Bypass wrote:
> Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved
> the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with
> all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
> additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
>
> Good on them.

Same here - nice to see a company admitting their problems and rewaring
patient customers.
For me, the 2 minute cut-off problem was more annoying/serious than the
billing issue.

▀°dincÁs▓░░░

Recently, popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...
|On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:26:45 +0000, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
|wrote:
|
|>Me too - good on them.
|>
|>Makes them the best around
|
|Same here. Clearly whatever the problem was, it was a widespread one,
|which is probably why it took them so long to fix it.
|
|I'm pleased they've fixed it, because I really didn't want to go
|elsewhere: I like the service from voip.co.uk

While I second the praise, let me say that is MUCH more difficult to
pinpoint a problem a few users are having, rather than a "widespread"
(let's say ubiquitous!) problem on the backbone of your billing system.

Very happy they got it sorted, tho... the phone service is spotless, so
reliable I dumped the copper pair!

Happy Xmas!

--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid
----------------------------

me@privacy.net

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:00:42 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:09:44 +0000, Bypass <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved
>>> the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with
>>> all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
>>> additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
>>>
>>> Good on them.

>I was chuffed to get the same email.
>>
>> Now dump it and get Skype
>>

>Does anyone know where the killfile is in Thunderbird?

No but there's probably a newsgroup for it, just like there's a
newsgroup to help all the poor sods who cant get VOIP working properly

me@privacy.net

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:12:59 GMT, Scope <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:09:44 +0000, Bypass <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Just got my email from technical support saying that they've resolved
>>> the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my account with
>>> all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture made an
>>> additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your patience'.
>>>
>>> Good on them.

>> Now dump it and get Skype
>>

>LOL, there is always one..

Nahh there's lots of us

me@privacy.net

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:51:35 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:01:06 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>Now dump it and get Skype

>Excellent idea. Pay more for a feature-deficient product from a single
>supplier, get worse quality and be locked into a sandbox where you can
>make free calls only through a nerd-nerd network.
>
>I can see why you conceal your identity when posting.

And I can see why you hide your ID you re so ashamed that you need an
entire newsgroup in an attempt to get VOIP to work properly yet Skype
works in seconds with no problems

Ivor Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:51:35 +0000,
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:01:06 +0000, (E-Mail Removed)
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Now dump it and get Skype

> > Excellent idea. Pay more for a feature-deficient
> > product from a single supplier, get worse quality and
> > be locked into a sandbox where you can make free calls
> > only through a nerd-nerd network.
> >
> > I can see why you conceal your identity when posting.

> And I can see why you hide your ID you re so ashamed that
> you need an entire newsgroup in an attempt to get VOIP to
> work properly yet Skype works in seconds with no problems

But Skype needs a computer or maybe a PDA. Show me an ATA which I can use
to access Skype through the normal phones on my PABX that I access every
other system I use on and I'll consider it.

Ivor

PS at least I don't hide my identity. Everyone knows who I am, what have
*you* got to hide..?!

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh (E-Mail Removed):
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:01:06 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:09:44 +0000, Bypass <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Just got my email from technical support saying that they've
>>> resolved the billing and Yearly Pack issues. They've credited my
>>> account with all the 'overcharged' calls, and as a goodwill gesture
>>> made an additional payment 'as a token of our appreciation of your
>>> patience'.
>>>
>>> Good on them.

>> Now dump it and get Skype

> No dump it and get Voiphone.co.uk or of course the best of the lot
> Sipgate oh God what am I saying forget the last 9 words completely.

How can we forget them?

(Still have my BY connection, and people have their fingers intact.)

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:28:56 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

>(Still have my BY connection, and people have their fingers intact.)

Nothing wrong with BT my BT line may just get re connected shortly
if BY/NTL/Virgin Media or whstever else they have decided to call
themselves to day do not start to give me what I am paying them for
instad of only half of it from 4 pm every afternoon .
If that where to happen all the VOIP providers could go to hell for
all I would care

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh (E-Mail Removed):
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:28:56 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
> <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> (Still have my BY connection, and people have their fingers intact.)

> Nothing wrong with BT my BT line may just get re connected shortly
> if BY/NTL/Virgin Media or whstever else they have decided to call
> themselves to day do not start to give me what I am paying them for
> instad of only half of it from 4 pm every afternoon .
> If that where to happen all the VOIP providers could go to hell for
> all I would care

Yeah, if they do play silly beggers, then I'll get a landline back, was
on BT landline before I dumped it for VoIP, but I too would have no real
need for VoIP then.