Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Linksys Dial plan for UK

Linksys Dial plan for UK

speckled hen

Hi
Has anyone set up a dial plan on a linksys voip adaptor? The wife is
fed up of dialing the full std code when calling local numbers so I
need to get my head around a dial plan.

Thanks

Scope

speckled hen wrote:
> Hi
> Has anyone set up a dial plan on a linksys voip adaptor? The wife is
> fed up of dialing the full std code when calling local numbers so I
> need to get my head around a dial plan.
>
> Thanks

Try this one.. Replace 1793 with your local areacode

(*xx|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<:00441793>[2-8]xxxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

Tried and tested.

speckled hen

Scope wrote:

> speckled hen wrote:
> > Hi
> > Has anyone set up a dial plan on a linksys voip adaptor? The wife is
> > fed up of dialing the full std code when calling local numbers so I
> > need to get my head around a dial plan.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> Try this one.. Replace 1793 with your local areacode
>
> (*xx|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<:00441793>[2-8]xxxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
>
> Tried and tested.

Great, all works just set up BT Broadband talk, that will keep her off
my back.

Thanks

Brian A

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:29:23 GMT, Scope <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>speckled hen wrote:
>> Hi
>> Has anyone set up a dial plan on a linksys voip adaptor? The wife is
>> fed up of dialing the full std code when calling local numbers so I
>> need to get my head around a dial plan.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>Try this one.. Replace 1793 with your local areacode
>
>(*xx|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<:00441793>[2-8]xxxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
>
>Tried and tested.

You can check out some notes I have made on
www.leafcom.co.uk
From that I think that you'll grasp the basics of how a plan is
devised.
Please access from a PRIVATE computer - NOT works.
It is on temporary web space atm. I am working towards moving it and
setting up a new site, with much more on it, but this all takes time.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Rob

"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> You can check out some notes I have made on
> www.leafcom.co.uk
> From that I think that you'll grasp the basics of how a plan is
> devised.
> Please access from a PRIVATE computer - NOT works.
> It is on temporary web space atm. I am working towards moving it and
> setting up a new site, with much more on it, but this all takes time.

When I saw your link above I remembered trying it many months ago, so I
thought I'd try again.

Unfortunately it still doesn't work properly for me, it just goes into a
seemingly endless redirect loop ("YGV redirect" if it means anything to
you).

Rob

Nick

news:457ff022$0$8742$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > You can check out some notes I have made on
> > www.leafcom.co.uk
> > From that I think that you'll grasp the basics of how a plan is
> > devised.
> > Please access from a PRIVATE computer - NOT works.
> > It is on temporary web space atm. I am working towards moving it and
> > setting up a new site, with much more on it, but this all takes time.

> When I saw your link above I remembered trying it many months ago, so I
> thought I'd try again.
>
> Unfortunately it still doesn't work properly for me, it just goes into a
> seemingly endless redirect loop ("YGV redirect" if it means anything to
> you).
>
> Rob

Yes, same here and also remember trying the link previously.
Having a few spare minutes to play around I tried the link on a machine
that has no security measures installed. (intentionally)
Straight in! Um, so the security software I have running on the main machine
IS working for me and possibly blocking some "nasty" from doing its work.

Brian A

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:24:02 GMT, "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:457ff022$0$8742$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> > You can check out some notes I have made on
>> > www.leafcom.co.uk
>> > From that I think that you'll grasp the basics of how a plan is
>> > devised.
>> > Please access from a PRIVATE computer - NOT works.
>> > It is on temporary web space atm. I am working towards moving it and
>> > setting up a new site, with much more on it, but this all takes time.

>> When I saw your link above I remembered trying it many months ago, so I
>> thought I'd try again.
>>
>> Unfortunately it still doesn't work properly for me, it just goes into a
>> seemingly endless redirect loop ("YGV redirect" if it means anything to
>> you).
>>
>> Rob
>>

>Yes, same here and also remember trying the link previously.
>Having a few spare minutes to play around I tried the link on a machine
>that has no security measures installed. (intentionally)
>Straight in! Um, so the security software I have running on the main machine
>IS working for me and possibly blocking some "nasty" from doing its work.

Sorry about that but it works fine for me.
The new site will be on its own space so there won't be any problems -
be a while yet though.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.