Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate vs VOIP.CO.UK - the results

Sipgate vs VOIP.CO.UK - the results

Jono

Brian A presented the following explanation :
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 00:01:20 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> "Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:1kEfh.9730$(E-Mail Removed)
>>> Im hoping this doesnt turn in to a Dex vs Ivor thread

>> Well it wouldn't have been if you hadn't said that..!
>>
>> I refuse to accept any responsibility for what Mr. Ronald Chew will now
>> spew forth.
>>
>> Ivor

> I think that voip.co.uk offer a reliable service. Their voicemail is
> crap but then I don't use it.
> Where they have fallen down, for me, is on the web site software. Back
> in March/April time the charging went wrong. I have made various pleas
> for my account balance to be corrected but there has been no
> improvement. I wasn't prepared to credit my account, for another year,
> until it was - I am still waiting. Hence, I am now using Vyke and,
> I think, I will do so for at least the next 6 months. I may go back to
> voip.co.uk if they sort out my account. The admin always replies to
> emails but, I am sorry to say, that the technical side is lacking. The
> admin says that the tech side will do something but they don't in my
> experience. It must have been at the beginning of the year when I was
> told the voicemail was going to be improved - it hasn't altered a jot.
> I still think that voip.co.uk are good but they do need to get their
> act together and not make false promises to customers.
> In my experience it is better to say no to a customer than make a
> false promise. It is also a good idea to add time to when an outcome
> can be expected - if can you deliver before the date then the customer
> is especially pleased.

I am surprised it hasn't been corrected.

I had an issue with the 1.99 package - it didn't auto-renew, so each
month for two months (2nd & 3rd) calls were being charged at the flat
rate.

Credits were raised very quickly on both occasions to correct the
errors.

hairydog@despammed.com

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:56:53 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I am surprised it hasn't been corrected.

I'm not.

>I had an issue with the 1.99 package - it didn't auto-renew, so each
>month for two months (2nd & 3rd) calls were being charged at the flat
>rate.

My annual package ran out, and despite several requests and a few
promises to fix it, they have been unable to renew it.

>Credits were raised very quickly on both occasions to correct the
>errors

I think their service is fine, and their technical support is great,
but unless they can renew my annual package, I've little choice but to
look for another voip supplier.

Brian A

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 23:08:26 +0000, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:56:53 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>I am surprised it hasn't been corrected.

>I'm not.
>>
>>I had an issue with the 1.99 package - it didn't auto-renew, so each
>>month for two months (2nd & 3rd) calls were being charged at the flat
>>rate.

>My annual package ran out, and despite several requests and a few
>promises to fix it, they have been unable to renew it.
>
>>Credits were raised very quickly on both occasions to correct the
>>errors

>I think their service is fine, and their technical support is great,
>but unless they can renew my annual package, I've little choice but to
>look for another voip supplier.

I think that just sums it up. One of the most important things in
business it to facilitate easy access to products and to paying money.
They run a good phone service but make it hard for some customers to
pay.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

David Floyd

In message of Wed, 13 Dec 2006, writes
>On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:56:53 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>I am surprised it hasn't been corrected.

>I'm not.
>>
>>I had an issue with the 1.99 package - it didn't auto-renew, so each
>>month for two months (2nd & 3rd) calls were being charged at the flat
>>rate.

>My annual package ran out, and despite several requests and a few
>promises to fix it, they have been unable to renew it.
>
>>Credits were raised very quickly on both occasions to correct the
>>errors

>I think their service is fine, and their technical support is great,
>but unless they can renew my annual package, I've little choice but to
>look for another voip supplier.

Well (last month) I kept on top of the emails on the raised ticket about
this and Chris renewed my annual package 'manually' (he said). You need
to keep nagging away.

David

Brian A

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:51:26 +0000, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message of Wed, 13 Dec 2006, writes
>>On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:56:53 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I am surprised it hasn't been corrected.

>>I'm not.
>>>
>>>I had an issue with the 1.99 package - it didn't auto-renew, so each
>>>month for two months (2nd & 3rd) calls were being charged at the flat
>>>rate.

>>My annual package ran out, and despite several requests and a few
>>promises to fix it, they have been unable to renew it.
>>
>>>Credits were raised very quickly on both occasions to correct the
>>>errors

>>I think their service is fine, and their technical support is great,
>>but unless they can renew my annual package, I've little choice but to
>>look for another voip supplier.

>Well (last month) I kept on top of the emails on the raised ticket about
>this and Chris renewed my annual package 'manually' (he said). You need
>to keep nagging away.
>
>David

Chris told me that the alterations I needed to my account required
'technical' to do it. So I wasn't so lucky.

wrote:

>You need
>to keep nagging away.

I think you're right. I got a reply from Chris today, saying he'd get
the technical people to sort it. Let's hope it happens this time.

Brian A

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 23:35:08 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:51:26 +0000, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>You need
>>to keep nagging away.

>I think you're right. I got a reply from Chris today, saying he'd get
>the technical people to sort it. Let's hope it happens this time.

I hope that you are lucky but, from my experience, if it is being
passed to the technical department, it is as good as being filed in
the bin.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

hairydog@despammed.com

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:44:40 GMT, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I hope that you are lucky but, from my experience, if it is being
>passed to the technical department, it is as good as being filed in
>the bin.

So far, that has been my experience.

hairydog@despammed.com

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:30:10 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>I hope that you are lucky but, from my experience, if it is being
>>passed to the technical department, it is as good as being filed in
>>the bin.

>So far, that has been my experience.

Update:

They've now sorted the problem, refunded the charges and given a
fiver's credit as well.

Excellent.