Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > voipcheap.com

Reply
Thread Tools

voipcheap.com

 
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2006
Getting some strange charges for non-geo numbers. Anyone else notice?

2006-11-30 18:59:24 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:05 0.10
2006-11-30 09:14:02 +441274xxxxxx 00:00:09 FREE!
2006-11-30 09:08:41 +447973xxxxxx 00:01:31 0.36
2006-11-30 09:07:31 +441274xxxxxx 00:00:25 FREE!
2006-11-30 09:07:06 +448700xxxxxx 00:02:31 0.30
2006-11-30 00:28:24 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:01 FREE!
2006-11-29 23:44:27 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:01 FREE!
2006-11-29 22:50:54 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:01 FREE!
2006-11-29 22:27:44 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:03 0.10
2006-11-29 22:00:43 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:01 FREE!
2006-11-29 21:47:22 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:13 0.10
2006-11-29 21:45:56 +44800800150 00:00:04 0.01

I hadn't realised freephone numbers were chargeable.

Also, not quite sure how, when the published price for UK mobiles is
0.06/min, a 1:31 call can cost 0.36....?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_=3B=AC=29=22?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2006
Jono wrote:
> Getting some strange charges for non-geo numbers. Anyone else notice?
>
> 2006-11-30 18:59:24 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:05 0.10
> 2006-11-30 09:14:02 +441274xxxxxx 00:00:09 FREE!
> 2006-11-30 09:08:41 +447973xxxxxx 00:01:31 0.36
> 2006-11-30 09:07:31 +441274xxxxxx 00:00:25 FREE!
> 2006-11-30 09:07:06 +448700xxxxxx 00:02:31 0.30
> 2006-11-30 00:28:24 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:01 FREE!
> 2006-11-29 23:44:27 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:01 FREE!
> 2006-11-29 22:50:54 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:01 FREE!
> 2006-11-29 22:27:44 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:03 0.10
> 2006-11-29 22:00:43 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:01 FREE!
> 2006-11-29 21:47:22 +448700xxxxxx 00:00:13 0.10
> 2006-11-29 21:45:56 +44800800150 00:00:04 0.01
>
> I hadn't realised freephone numbers were chargeable.
>
> Also, not quite sure how, when the published price for UK mobiles is
> 0.06/min, a 1:31 call can cost 0.36....?


Just googled around and found this....

"Tel: 07973 100 150 (calls charged at up to 30p per minute from a fixed
line phone)"

Looks like Orange may well have some "prime rates" prefixed by mobile
numbers.
I have been following my voipcheap.com account pretty closely since
going live early last week, and so far it's been behaving impeccably.
Most of our calls or sub 2 minute calls to mobiles.
I also slipped up on the 0800 numbers, and have to remember to use the
BT line for those ones.

HTH
Pete
--
http://gymratz.co.uk - Best Gym Equipment & Bodybuilding Supplements UK.
http://gymratz.co.uk/polar-heart-rate-monitors/ Polar HeartRate Monitors
http://fitness-equipment-uk.com - UK's No.1 Fitness Equipment Suppliers.
http://water-rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2006

""Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;)"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vsZch.11640$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Jono wrote:
>> Getting some strange charges for non-geo numbers. Anyone else notice?
>>
>> 2006-11-30 09:08:41 +447973xxxxxx 00:01:31 0.36
>>
>> Also, not quite sure how, when the published price for UK mobiles is
>> 0.06/min, a 1:31 call can cost 0.36....?

>
> Just googled around and found this....
>
> "Tel: 07973 100 150 (calls charged at up to 30p per minute from a fixed
> line phone)"
>
> Looks like Orange may well have some "prime rates" prefixed by mobile
> numbers.


Thanks for looking. Interestingly, the 07973 number is my own mobile, not an
Orange "premium" number.


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?windows-1252?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_=3B=AC=29?==?windows-1252?Q?=22?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2006
Jono wrote:

> Thanks for looking. Interestingly, the 07973 number is my own mobile, not an
> Orange "premium" number.


Hmmm.
Just tried my own Orange No.
2006-12-04 21:06:1 +447973466*** 00:01:14 0.12
2006-12-04 21:05:01 +447973466*** 00:00:17 0.06

Bit of a weird one that.

On a side note, has anyone come up with a way of finding out just how
many of the free 300 minutes/ 7 days have been used up?

Cheers
Pete

--
http://gymratz.co.uk - Best Gym Equipment & Bodybuilding Supplements UK.
http://gymratz.co.uk/polar-heart-rate-monitors/ Polar HeartRate Monitors
http://fitness-equipment-uk.com - UK's No.1 Fitness Equipment Suppliers.
http://water-rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Sun
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2006
""Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;)"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:em%ch.11720$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>
> On a side note, has anyone come up with a way of finding out just how many
> of the free 300 minutes/ 7 days have been used up?
>
> Cheers
> Pete
>

I can only think it would be a case of pasting the recent calls list into an
Excel spreadsheet and then use a fancy "SUMIF" function to add all the
minutes "over the 7 day period" by subtracting the date/time column and
using that criteria for inclusion in the "total free minutes used".

Perhaps some Excel expert can create the right formula to use?

Cheers from Mike


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Wellsted
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2006
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 20:16:10 +0000, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;) wrote:

> Jono wrote:
>
>> Thanks for looking. Interestingly, the 07973 number is my own mobile, not an
>> Orange "premium" number.

>


> Bit of a weird one that.
>
> On a side note, has anyone come up with a way of finding out just how
> many of the free 300 minutes/ 7 days have been used up?
>
> Cheers
> Pete


Are the mobiles 3G? or ported from "3"?

As for finding out how many minutes, this is easy with Asterisk & a SQL
CDR database:

SELECT SUM( `billsec` ) /60 AS Minutes
FROM `cdr`
WHERE `dstchannel` LIKE 'SIP/voipcheap%'
AND `calldate` > DATE_SUB( CURDATE( ) , INTERVAL 7
DAY )



--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) http://www.wellsted.org.uk
N 52.567623, W 2.137621 Linux Counter No. 202120
FWD:519961

 
Reply With Quote
 
andy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2006

Jono wrote:
> ""Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;)"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:vsZch.11640$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> > Jono wrote:
> >> Getting some strange charges for non-geo numbers. Anyone else notice?
> >>
> >> 2006-11-30 09:08:41 +447973xxxxxx 00:01:31 0.36
> >>
> >> Also, not quite sure how, when the published price for UK mobiles is
> >> 0.06/min, a 1:31 call can cost 0.36....?

> >
> > Just googled around and found this....
> >
> > "Tel: 07973 100 150 (calls charged at up to 30p per minute from a fixed
> > line phone)"
> >
> > Looks like Orange may well have some "prime rates" prefixed by mobile
> > numbers.

>
> Thanks for looking. Interestingly, the 07973 number is my own mobile, not an
> Orange "premium" number.


Probably a glitch in the tariff system - 18c is the rate from
Voipbuster. On the Voipbuster forum there are whinges about tariffs for
a couple of destinations changing upwards for a day then going down
again -

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2006
Ron Wellsted explained :
> On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 20:16:10 +0000, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;) wrote:
>
>> Jono wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for looking. Interestingly, the 07973 number is my own mobile, not
>>> an Orange "premium" number.

>>

>
>> Bit of a weird one that.
>>
>> On a side note, has anyone come up with a way of finding out just how
>> many of the free 300 minutes/ 7 days have been used up?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Pete

>
> Are the mobiles 3G? or ported from "3"?


No. Always been an Orange number. Usually charged at 6 cents/minute.


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_=3B=AC=29=22?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2006
Ron Wellsted wrote:

> As for finding out how many minutes, this is easy with Asterisk & a SQL
> CDR database:
>
> SELECT SUM( `billsec` ) /60 AS Minutes
> FROM `cdr`
> WHERE `dstchannel` LIKE 'SIP/voipcheap%'
> AND `calldate` > DATE_SUB( CURDATE( ) , INTERVAL 7
> DAY )


That's easy for you to say.

:)

..... but it's put me on to Draytek's output log and their SysLog
aplication, something for me to look into should I ever find I'm
exceeding 5 hours free talk a week, which I think is fairly doubtful...

At the moment.

Cheers
Pete


--
http://gymratz.co.uk - Best Gym Equipment & Bodybuilding Supplements UK.
http://gymratz.co.uk/polar-heart-rate-monitors/ Polar HeartRate Monitors
http://fitness-equipment-uk.com - UK's No.1 Fitness Equipment Suppliers.
http://water-rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
 
Reply With Quote
 
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_=3B=AC=29=22?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-05-2006
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;) wrote:

> .... but it's put me on to Draytek's output log and their SysLog


Which after a little fiddling is also useless as it only logs calls by
number not duration of calls.

:(

--
http://gymratz.co.uk - Best Gym Equipment & Bodybuilding Supplements UK.
http://gymratz.co.uk/polar-heart-rate-monitors/ Polar HeartRate Monitors
http://fitness-equipment-uk.com - UK's No.1 Fitness Equipment Suppliers.
http://water-rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments