Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Setting up BT VOIP on a third party router

Setting up BT VOIP on a third party router

register@hypergroup.com

Hi,

I have ditched the 2wire 2700 router that came with BT Business VOIP
and I am setting up a Fritz!box VOIP router.

The BT SIP settings I am using are:

Username: 056******* [my bt number]
Password: [my password]
Registrar: sip.bbvservice.nat.bt.com
Proxy: sip.bbvservice.nat.bt.com

Unfortunately the service is not registering.

I have other SIP providers registered on the router and they are all
working fine. BT tech have given me the 'we only support our own
hardware' line. There's a suprise!

Has anyone got BT BBV working on a non-bt router?

Cheers.

Ivor Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com
> Hi,
>
> I have ditched the 2wire 2700 router that came with BT
> Business VOIP and I am setting up a Fritz!box VOIP router.
>
> The BT SIP settings I am using are:
>
> Username: 056******* [my bt number]
> Password: [my password]
> Registrar: sip.bbvservice.nat.bt.com
> Proxy: sip.bbvservice.nat.bt.com
>
> Unfortunately the service is not registering.
>
> I have other SIP providers registered on the router and
> they are all working fine. BT tech have given me the 'we
> only support our own hardware' line. There's a suprise!
>
> Has anyone got BT BBV working on a non-bt router?
>
> Cheers.

Have you got the "Use internet number for registration" box ticked..? Most
providers don't need this, but maybe BT BBV do..?

Let me know if that does/doesn't work, if it doesn't we'll have to think
of something else..!

Ivor

speckled hen

Yes got it working ok, check out previous posts on how to do it.

register@hypergroup.com

> Have you got the "Use internet number for registration" box ticked..? Most
> providers don't need this, but maybe BT BBV do..?
>
> Let me know if that does/doesn't work, if it doesn't we'll have to think
> of something else..!
>

> Ivor

I have tried this both ways without success. Just to clarify I am using
the BUSINESS HUB Voice, I have read the previous posts but they are
based on the Home Hub service.